Air Evac 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Thanx for the info for Air Evac.... I am interested in Medevac Services and have an entire bank of freqs devoted to Medevacs... There are a few web sites that have good info:
http://www.adamsairmed.org/states.htm
another features pix of the choppers and other info that is of interest:
http://www.alecbuck.com/airambulance/index.php

Here are the Air Evac Lifeteam freqs I have monitored:
air evac 10 (ky) 160.20000/032DPL
air evac*14 (ky) 152.95250/032DPL
ae*14/33/43/62 (ky) 153.38000/051DPL
air evac*33 (ky) 173.32500/032DPL
ae 17 (in) 160.03500/032DPL
ae 46 (in) 153.38000/051DPL
ae 39 (in) 158.22000/032DPL
ae*31(tn) 153.18500/032DPL
ae*41(tn) 151.52000/032DPL

Generally AE (and most other medevacs) use their "Company" freqs for dispatch and other routine communications.... while en route they use the air control freq for their area of operations.... they will communicate with the Fire/EMS folks on the responding agency's freq.... they will then use the freq of the hospital heliport they are flying to... the University of Kentucky Med Center Heliport is on 155.40000/77.0PL.... In areas where there are a number of Air Evac choppers they will use an area-wide network of towers to stay in communications.....

Again, thanx for the additional info I have mined from your discussion!

keep listening!
collier

SCPD

QRT
And what is the "air control" frequency may I ask & also were the freqs you listed heard in Alabama?

Thanks
Paul

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Hi Paul...
The air control freqs I listen to are for Blue Grass Airport in Lexington, KY... the AE choppers are usually on either the tower freq (119.10000) or Approach Control from the south(120.15000) when talking to the Air Traffic Controllers... They are on their "Company" Freqs when being dispatched and given mission specific info... as they approach the U.K. Medical Center Heliport they talk to them on the U.K. Freq (155.40000). I haven't monitored any AE choppers in Alabama but have monitored the ones listed in their respective states (KY/TN/IN).... AE has a fairly elaborate system of towers that expand outward from their Plains HQ and most of the choppers in a given area can talk on any of the "Company" freqs...

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Paul:

I've had the best luck listening to Air Evac 64 on the frequency of the FD or VFD that requested their assistance.

Since the airport in Elmore isn't a controlled field, you may be able to pick them up on 122.8 when they're taking off, on approach, or landing.

Warren

wwhitby

Feed Provider
AlabamaRS said:
Thanks a lot Warren, I will plug that 1 in :)\
Paul

You're going to hear a lot of other stuff unrelated to the airport in Elmore. That frequency is used by uncontrolled (i.e. no tower) airports. I know first hand that the airport in Prattville uses it as well.

BTW, I monitored the Air Evac 64 dispatch frequency quite a bit today. I was picking them up with a DPL of 245 instead of 072 that was reported in a previous post.

Warren

SCPD

QRT
OK, Warren I had 122.8 already in the scanner ( listen as 1a9 Unicom.. What frequency did you catch the tone on? 151.505?

wwhitby

Feed Provider
AlabamaRS said:
OK, Warren I had 122.8 already in the scanner ( listen as 1a9 Unicom.. What frequency did you catch the tone on? 151.505?

I picked it up on 151.505. Strangely enough, I listened to them on my PRO-96 and it came back with the 072 DPL. I picked up the 245 DPL on my Opto DC440, so i'm wondering if my DC440 didn't receive the correct tone?

Warren

aa4vr

More Air-Evac info:

Hello to all. A couple of weeks ago while on my way home from work, I heard Air-Evac 16 on 123.050 (Muscle Shoals airport freq.) advising other aircraft in the area that they would be practicing landings/takeoffs at the airport. The copter was flying over the road I was on at the time on its way to the airport. Then I heard the crew contacting two of the local hospitals on the "hear" frequency (155.340) asking permission to practice landing/ takeoffs at their helipads.I also heard them contacting "Corinth tower" on 160.140 advising the dispatcher of the training activity. Since then I have heard the crew on 160.140 calling "Corinth tower" and "Corinth base." So evidently Air-Evac 16 which is stationed in Muscle Shoals is dispatched from Corinth, MS. I also occasionally hear Air-Evac 58 on this frequency.
aa4vr

CSL126

Is 64 from the base in Fayette? I can hear them giving a position and fuel report to their dispatcher on 158.370 and I can hear the dispatcher better than I can hear the helicopter (I live in Tuscaloosa).

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
Rick,

When AE 58 is marginal in the Corinth tower (160.140) for Cen Comm, what frequency do they switch to? I've heard them switch to another tower, but I couldn't understand what she said. I hear AE 58, AE 16 and AE 7 on that frequency. I guess by dispatch being labeled as "Cen Comm", they are centrally located between Jackson, Corinth and Muscle Shoals?

Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Looking forward to the New Year.

73, Jeff/KU4WW
http://members.localnet.com/~tcarc/

aa4vr

air evac/160.140

Jeff,
I have heard them mention the "Jackson" tower. You might want to check out their website at www.airevac.com (I think). Their website gives the location of their bases and other interesting info, no freqs though. I put up a new scanner antenna and I can hear them a lot better now.
To answer an earlier post, I am hearing paging tones occasionally when they dspatch the copters.
Hope you had a Merry Christmas and wish you a Happy New Year.
Rick/aa4vr

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
Tnx Tom,

That makes sense. It's interesting how this all works. Have a good evening.

73, Jeff/KU4WW

KU4WW

Premium Subscriber
Heard Air Evac 44 on 155.400 MHz last night in Coffee County, Tn. AE 44 was talking to the Coffee County EMS Dispatcher on the repeater. Pretty good band cndx last night. That county is over 100 miles from me here in Colbert County, Al.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.