Air Evac 74- Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Am I correct in presuming that "Air Evac 71", located in Ennis, is no longer in use? It's been ages since I received any traffic on their frequency. Previously, I could hear the craft if airborne for a scen response, or when they were transporting a patient to one of the Dallas area hospitals.

While it remains in the database here on RadioReference, and on the Air Evac Wiki page, that station no longer appears as a base on Air Evacs web page. The Hillsboro location shows, as does the site added a year or more ago in Eastland, but not Ennis.

nd5y

It would not surprise me if they are no longer in Ennis. If they don't make enough money in a particular area they pack up and move or just close down the base. They don't cancel their FCC licenses for the areas they vacate.

I think they moved from West to Hillsboro. I don't know if they are still in Hillsboro.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It would not surprise me if they are no longer in Ennis. If they don't make enough money in a particular area they pack up and move or just close down the base. They don't cancel their FCC licenses for the areas they vacate.

I think they moved from West to Hillsboro. I don't know if they are still in Hillsboro.
Tom,
Hillsboro is still listed on their corporate website, so I presume it is active.

CareFlite has a base in Whitney, so they're stepping on each other toes down there. I can hear their dispatches on the Megahertz TRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.