Air Evac Lifeteam closing two bases in AR

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

Well, so much for monitoring Air Evac 30 in Morrilton. Also, there's precious little to monitor in Greene County now as it is, since most everything is enc NXDN. With the loss of Air Evac, there's even less.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
And Survival Flight keeps expanding... ;)

Seeing that comment I done a lil' searching and I see Survival Flight now has an ambulance base with 4 units covering Heber Springs and the surrounding area. I read that NorthStar has 17 units, but I think they were split between Cleburne, White & Faulkner Co. I had thought Vital Link had Cleburne Co., but apparently not.

I saw a Survival Flight ambulance on Hwy 16 at the new bypass in Searcy and was wondering what the deal was, didn't know at the time they operated ground units. I saw a story online yesterday about Heber Springs renegotiating EMS coverage.

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Yeah they started a ground service and continue to add air bases as well. The HQ, maintenance and training center for the air service is at Batesville.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering what frequencies they'll operate on.

Maybe a ride to Heber tomorrow is in order while the old lady is at work.....a lil' Close Call detective work.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Air uses a leased tower in Batesville on 461.500. I heard one of the ambulances talking to one of the helos on it last week. Nothing official, just a “how’s it going today?” thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.