KD4YGG

Database Admin
Loud and clear this weekend during a visit to relatives

160.0500 with PL=100.0

Database updated accordingly

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Cool... now if only we can get the elusive Air Evac (Lifeteam) 10 out of Hop-town....
(Phil... many scanners will decode the tone for a given freq....for the PRO 96 and 97 set the mode to CT and if you get nothing during the tx then switch it quickly to DC while they are talking.... you have either the PL or DPL for the freq then... this is a simple explanation there are some tricks to it also--pm me with your questions)

jerk

unitcharlie said:
Cool... now if only we can get the elusive Air Evac (Lifeteam) 10 out of Hop-town....
(Phil... many scanners will decode the tone for a given freq....for the PRO 96 and 97 set the mode to CT and if you get nothing during the tx then switch it quickly to DC while they are talking.... you have either the PL or DPL for the freq then... this is a simple explanation there are some tricks to it also--pm me with your questions)

Or put the saem freq in twice, one for Ct scan, and one for DC scan
One thing I like about the 396t, is automatically find out either or...

AL

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Actually, a very valid point.... if there is a preveious "search" tone in the slot on CT it won't hear the DC tx and vice-versa.... so that is the better way to find it.....

jerk

unitcharlie said:
Actually, a very valid point.... if there is a preveious "search" tone in the slot on CT it won't hear the DC tx and vice-versa.... so that is the better way to find it.....
I learned that from my FT-50 Yaesu, or you can hold on the channel and swtich back and forth. But it saves a step I hope.

AL

Status
Not open for further replies.