Air/Ground District 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
There used to be a frequency used back in the old analog days for air to ground speed traps. Now since the switch over to digital, I'm wondering what frequency is now being used for air to ground in District 5. Anyone know?

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Area car and “State” 155.970 have always been popular. Worked it on OSCCR and LERN also.

Thanks, I programmed 159.075 and 155.970 into the 800XLT and put the recorder on. I'll monitor those two frequencies for the next week 24/7 to see what shows up if anything.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
It also depends if they are doing an inter-agency speed detail.
If it's just a WSP detail, C to C is where I've heard the most 'bear in the air' traffic.
Remember, depending on where you are at, this could be conventional, the 700,or on JIWN.
I don't know which of the 3 they use in D5.... (in Seattle it's both conventional and 700).
Do they run the 700 down there in D5?

But, if interagency (sheriff is involved)- they will use LERN.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Yes, for the most part WSP District 5 in Lewis County is in the 700's, for example dispatch has a TGID of 59508. I've not heard any air-to-ground comms on any of the P25 frequencies though. I did see a bunch of WSP cars stacked up on the on ramp the other day, which is indicative of air operations. Since yesterday I've been monitoring the frequencies above, but not even 1 second of transmission since yesterday. I doubt I'll hear anything on any of them, but I'm going to add a couple more frequencies on the out-of-date list below into the mix and see if anything pops up in the next week or so.

OLD SP.JPG

I remember around 1995-2005 they used to have some fun on the air to ground frequency, I even remember one of them saying, "Tally Ho" on the air when he "was up" and the guy was clocked at around 95. Now that we are coming into the good weather, I thought it would be fun to find what frequency they are hanging out on now.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Well, after two days of monitoring, it appears that they keep one of those two frequencies in "operational standby" as I actually heard a radio test, albeit mere seconds in length. I normally only verify one frequency at a time, so in this case I'm not sure which of the two is still being kept for use.

Anyway, for anyone interested in hearing the results, see attachment below.

Attachments

• FREQ ACTIVITY.zip
    69.4 KB · Views: 18

rockettradio

over here on the east side, Spokane, it's similar to what nessnet said. WSP Spokane lives on Spokane Regional 7/800 SRECS, they have their own talkgroups for dispatch and C-C, outlying districts are still VHF. so you'll find them running traps on LERN and OSCCR as well, and even the LERN /800 patch.

ad7th

Premium Subscriber
Yes, for the most part WSP District 5 in Lewis County is in the 700's, for example dispatch has a TGID of 59508. I've not heard any air-to-ground comms on any of the P25 frequencies though. I did see a bunch of WSP cars stacked up on the on ramp the other day, which is indicative of air operations. Since yesterday I've been monitoring the frequencies above, but not even 1 second of transmission since yesterday. I doubt I'll hear anything on any of them, but I'm going to add a couple more frequencies on the out-of-date list below into the mix and see if anything pops up in the next week or so.

View attachment 123730

I remember around 1995-2005 they used to have some fun on the air to ground frequency, I even remember one of them saying, "Tally Ho" on the air when he "was up" and the guy was clocked at around 95. Now that we are coming into the good weather, I thought it would be fun to find what frequency they are hanging out on now.

Is there a control channel on BawFaw that isn't listed? I haven't heard them on 700 in Lewis Co. when I travel through.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
They're not. Sometimes JWIN affiliates their traffic but it's primarily conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.