"Air Guard"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
This may sound like a dumb question, but I just started listening to MilAir again and don't know the answer.

Heard Roper 45 (T-38 out of Beale AFB) tell ATC they were going to switch to "Air Guard" for a sec. He did this a couple of times.

Now I think "Air Guard" is 243.0 but he never came up on it (or at least I didn't hear him). This is the correct freq right?

Thanks

autovon

Ø
Military guard is 243.0 but just about everyone these days can go to 121.5 as well.

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Air Guard (Military)

Autovon is correct in almost all cases, relative to Military Air Guard being 243.0 Mhz....with some exceptions in training and special mission needs the aircraft sometimes have a "Secondary Channel" or back-up frequency (sometimes Inter-plane / sometimes not) to communicate with another aircraft, tanker or command post, etc...

Hope this helps......

Thx

Bill
Tech Controller (ret.)

zguy1243

Yeah thats spot on. Most if the time when you hear those trainer types you will hear "request monitor guard" or "switch to monitor guard report back up". Most of the time they are monitoring ATIS or calling for weather like Alliance01TX is saying.

Autovon is correct in almost all cases, relative to Military Air Guard being 243.0 Mhz....with some exceptions in training and special mission needs the aircraft sometimes have a "Secondary Channel" or back-up frequency (sometimes Inter-plane / sometimes not) to communicate with another aircraft, tanker or command post, etc...

Hope this helps......

Thx

Bill
Tech Controller (ret.)

Status
Not open for further replies.