Air Med 121.675

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfburns

Apparently 121.675 is a new air med dispatch freq to cover the airborne loss of DTRS coverage between Longmont and Loveland and Weld Co after the Weld Co sites changed to FRCC. Apparently it works into Wyoming also. Can anyone in the FCL area confirm this. (this is supposed to be new in the last couple of days.)

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI, I put this freq in my scanner shortly after your original post, and I don't believe I've ever heard traffic on it. Has anyone else heard traffic on 121.675?

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
121.675 is an air band frequency and not likely to be in any LEO or FD radios.

There might be some comms with a lifeflight base or something but it wouldn't substitute for DTRS.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Several med helos I've heard use air band to announce their App and Dep when doing onboards from a trauma center near an airport. I'm not familiar with Col. but I agree, they're likely not dispatching on AM Air band. The range would not be there. lifeflight here in Il. always announce to traffic in the area on AM when taking off. 73, n9zas

rfburns

they're likely not dispatching on AM Air band. The range would not be there.
The distance between Longmont and Loveland is approximately 17 mi. Western Weld Co is about 3-4 miles east of that north south line. That area can certainly be covered to/from an airborne platform on VHF a.m. It may have been a temporary solution until an additional DTRS site could be authorized for airborne use.

rfburns

Just FYI, I put this freq in my scanner shortly after your original post, and I don't believe I've ever heard traffic on it.
Thank you former Mr. Poulsbo for your info. You may reside too far south to have heard them. I suspect this was a temporary solution while they were unable to use DTRS (due to the CNCC restrictions) from an airborne platform.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
. It may have been a temporary solution until an additional DTRS site could be authorized for airborne use.

Doesn't seem right to me. Air band is for the use of aircraft and their supporting facilities in aircraft operations. Medical service dispatch wouldn't fall into that category.

Of course unauthorized bright ideas can last awhile until they are noticed.

snoopyII

Doesn't seem right to me. Air band is for the use of aircraft and their supporting facilities in aircraft operations. Medical service dispatch wouldn't fall into that category.

I agree, 121.675 may be used for aircraft to aircraft comms but not for primary dispatch. Now having said that, there might be a simulcast of one of the air med TG's from someones console involved somewhere too. As far as DTRS goes, the Longmont site is approved for aircraft, so that should cover a good portion of the airspace between Longmont and Loveland.

Status
Not open for further replies.