Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a couple of LZ channels and Helicopter calling channels on the Charlotte P25 system. I was wondering which talkgroups/freqs I should monitor if I want to hear life flight/medevac operations in Charlotte and the surrounding area. Thanks.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Statewide Medical Transport in NC VIPER database will show you what you are seeking. Med Center Air and Novant operate in Charlotte area. Also LZ Talk groups are listed in State Office of EMS. All are on NC VIPER systems. 155.325 VHF for Med Center Air as well.

kg4pbd

I saw a couple of LZ channels and Helicopter calling channels on the Charlotte P25 system. I was wondering which talkgroups/freqs I should monitor if I want to hear life flight/medevac operations in Charlotte and the surrounding area. Thanks.
The LZ talkgroups on the CLT system are used for local ops.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've actually never heard the Novant helo use VIPER or UASI. If anyone else has, what site were you monitoring on?
Yes, I've heard them flying as Air Link on VIPER a number of times with RIDs of 129xxxx, with 1294175 being the Medic, 1297886 being Pilot. Also,
Airlink Flight Ops uses 2076090. Those are in the RR Wiki.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Novant Medflight is based out of Salisbury and responds into the Charlotte area. They are different than Airlink. Medflight and Novant ground are both on VIPER and have Charlotte UASI in their radios for the regional LZ channels.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Novant Medflight is based out of Salisbury and responds into the Charlotte area. They are different than Airlink. Medflight and Novant ground are both on VIPER and have Charlotte UASI in their radios for the regional LZ channels.

@trumpetman So who is Airlink, I thought that was Novant? Do they fly private or affliated with a med center?

trumpetman

Database Admin
Airlink flies for New Hanover Regional, which was bought by Novant at the beginning of last year. MedFlight is a separate entity that flies for Rowan Medical Center even though they are also a Novant facility. These aeromedical companies change fairly frequently so I wouldn't put much effort into keeping detailed lists as they rotate aircraft, radios, management companies, bases, and hospitals constantly.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I've actually never heard the Novant helo use VIPER or UASI. If anyone else has, what site were you monitoring on?

That is simplex helo to Atrium Main from prior monitoring (if you're lucky enough to hear anything)
I hear traffic on 155.325 pretty much everyday.

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Airlink flies for New Hanover Regional, which was bought by Novant at the beginning of last year. MedFlight is a separate entity that flies for Rowan Medical Center even though they are also a Novant facility. These aeromedical companies change fairly frequently so I wouldn't put much effort into keeping detailed lists as they rotate aircraft, radios, management companies, bases, and hospitals constantly.
That is only true regarding community based aircraft that are not paid for/owned by a particular hospital system. Novant MedFlight is wholly owned and operated by MedTrans Corp. the only affiliation to Novant is their name on the helicopter. The entire crew are MedTrans employees. Novant MedFlight and AirLife are "community based" and even that is a loose term for AirLife as they are affiliated with UNC Air Care, every other program in the state is actually affiliated with their particular health system, the medical crews are employees of the health system.

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber

That is simplex helo to Atrium Main from prior monitoring (if you're lucky enough to hear anything)
If you go to the data base and click on the talkgroup ID for Novant it'll let you listen to them on VIPER. They have to call MedCenter Air Flightwatch on 155.325 when they fly into Charlotte.

**EDIT** after looking it appears that link is gone. It was there a month or so ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.