Air only BNC Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
Has anyone used this or have an personal experience with Air only antennas? Going to listen to Air only on one of my scaner while in the car and don't want an external one attached to the car.

*NEW* Optimized Gain AirCraft BNC Antenna ! (AL500)
* ONLY ANTENNA OF ITS' KIND AVAILABLE!!
This New AL-500 Antenna Is specifically Custom Designed to Really Pull in both The Military & Civil AirBand Signals!!
* 118-135 & 230-360Mhz!
* Approx 18" tall with BNC Connector.
HiTech Thin Wire Design w/centerload. 3.4dBi Gain on U-Air.
* AirBand Enthusiasts, There has Never Been an Antenna like this before!! Works really well at most other scanner frequencies too, often much better than the stock antenna!
See Elsewhere

seen it from this site.
https://www.webtrix.net/shopcart/Ad...=59&cat=<b>Scanners+-+Scanners+-+Scanners</b>

Last edited:

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Bought one approximately a couple years ago for use at airshows. After about a couple dozen or so airshows and a fair amount of casual listening over that time it is now my permanent airband portable antenna even with the associated length problems it has. (If you always carry your radio on your belt *make certain* you carry it so that the antenna goes up your *back* when you are using this one! When using it handheld be very careful about keeping track of the end of the antenna! [I've been seriously considering marking the tip with some flourescent paint or other material as a warning and as a way to help keep track of it. {WAN GRIN!}]) Out of over 40yrs of antenna `collecting' this is one of the few antennas in my `collection' that does what it is supposed to do and does it well.

Just an `Olde Fart's' 2¢ worth.

ronhl

AL500H Air-Band Antenna

Just purchased this myself and very impressed thus far!
Awesome Air-Band antenna and seems to do very well on Vhf-Hi and good on Uhf-Hi.
Poor on 800 mhz but this would be expected from a high gain - band specific type.
It performs as it claims on air-bands and does so very well, highly recommended!!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I had one, it worked very well but not exceptional. It is also very thin and limp and if you're carrying your scanner that antenna will be whipping around all over the place.

I prefer the Diamond RH77CA
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantht/2368.html

It performs great on the commercial and military air bands, as well as VHF/UHF public safety bands. It's also half the price of the Maldol AL-500H.

Status
Not open for further replies.