Air Show info

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankM

Premium Subscriber
I am going to be in the Omaha area this weekend and was wondering if anyone has some info on what frequencies I should put in my radio for the Air Show at Offut ?

obijohn

I am going to be in the Omaha area this weekend and was wondering if anyone has some info on what frequencies I should put in my radio for the Air Show at Offut ?

Hello again Frank.

Look in the RR database. Both of the Offutt TRS's are listed. You will want to check out the new
APCO 25 system that was recently built.

As far as flight operations during the show, I will have to defer to someone with expertise in that area of the spectrum.

Have a nice time. Regards, Obijohn

43g70

Usually there is some use of the Event talkgroups on Sarpy with Fire and Police. So you might listen to those too.

Mr_Observer

Usually there is some use of the Event talkgroups on Sarpy with Fire and Police. So you might listen to those too.

If I was a betting man I would have my money on Sarpy's Event 5 & 6 for Airshow Interop trafic......

NB0B

Ham frequencies

Additionally there will be a contingent of ham radio operators on base helping with safety and communications. They will be using the following frequencies: 145.115 (PL 179.9) with 145.235 (no PL) and 147.060 (PL 131.8) as backups.

W0JJK

147.06(+) transmits a DPL of 051, and needs the 131.8 to access it.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
T-Bird Freq's

When I went to the AF Thunderbirds demo in Cheyenne for Cheyenne Frontier Days (July 23rd)
the T-Birds used 143.7 for the Diamond Formation and 235.25 for the Solo's, these are AM.

Let us know how the show turns out and what you heard.

73, Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.