Air shows / Blue Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjohn06

Hey, I'm going to an airshow featuring the Blue Angels in a couple of months. What is the cheapest handheld scanner I can use to hear the diamond and/or solos. I borrowed a friend's scanner last year and was able to hear the Air Boss and Thunderbirds diamond. But, as I understand from this forum and other sources the Blues are on the MilCom bands (and maybe digital?) and my friend's scanner can't do either of those. If they are digital I may have to settle for using his scanner again and just hearing the Air Boss unless someone here knows a source to rent a scanner for a week. Thanks for your help.

ChargerF18

Hey, I'm going to an airshow featuring the Blue Angels in a couple of months. What is the cheapest handheld scanner I can use to hear the diamond and/or solos. I borrowed a friend's scanner last year and was able to hear the Air Boss and Thunderbirds diamond. But, as I understand from this forum and other sources the Blues are on the MilCom bands (and maybe digital?) and my friend's scanner can't do either of those. If they are digital I may have to settle for using his scanner again and just hearing the Air Boss unless someone here knows a source to rent a scanner for a week. Thanks for your help.

The Blue Angels do not have digital frequencies and if they do, they don't use them at Airshows. They do have most of there frequencies on MilCom frequencies. Saw them at EAA this past July and everything I have had for years is still the same. Picked up the Boss, Solos and MX officer just fine on an analogue scanner(Icom R5)! Where are you located and How much are you looking to spend on a scanner?? Might have something for you, message me if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Airshow

I am headed for Thunder Over Michigan in a couple of weeks, and I will use the BC125AT that has served me for the last few years. With the Butel software, all of the airshow and airport frequencies are easy to program. It is analog only, but I know of no digital frequencies being used.

bjohn06

Thanks for the help. I'm probably going to pick up a BC125AT. Will it work with stereo headphones, or do I need to get a mono to stereo adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.