air spy discovery plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cas08832

Hi, need some help with my new air spy discovery plus. I used the rtl-sdr.com manual for reference to activate the dongle. I have other dongles that have worked,
this one does not show any signals. The lights on the dongle turn on when I press the play button using SDR#. I used zadig to install the driver. When I chose to list all devices, it listed airspy hf +. I chose that device and installed the driver as shown in the the rtl-sdr.com manual. The only difference I saw was the usb id was not the same as the manual. my usb id 03EB 800C whereas the manual has 0BDA 2838 00. I am also using windows 10. Appreciate any advice! Thanks, John

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If no one answers here, you can check with this reflector on groups.io. It's quite active with lots of folks that can undoubtedly help

Mike

cas08832

hi,
still having same problem starting air spy discovery plus. read all of groups.io messages. understand it is driver problem but no

success yet! open for any suggestions. been away for a few days so i am back at it again trying to make it work. got other dongels to

work. tnxs, John

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
*Generally* there is no driver needed:
"Airspy is a plug-and-play device and does not require any particular driver installation on Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. You just plug Airspy and Windows will download and install the right driver for you. " That is for SDRSharp and you should start with SDRSharp.
I would uninstall the driver (I suspect you have installed something and not needed) and start again without installing one--just plug it in. It is supposed to be plug-in-play and was on the Win 7 and Win 8 PCs that I use.
I highly recommend SDRSharp and you should at least start with it until things are working
After that, with other software (like HDSDR etc.) you will need to get the HF+ Discovery specific extio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.