air tankers just crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
listening to the SW ODF feed sounds like 2 tankers just crashed neer deer creek airport, one has fire going the other one is in timber somewhere.

mm

are u sure you had an Oregon feed? I have been listening all last week and this weekend to ODF near Deer Creek and most others districs and nothing was heard about any crashes. Additionally; ODF has no such information on any crashes.

Seat crash

Live Online SWO Scanner
Yea I can not find anything also, But I heard air attack say the plane was down in hvy timber and badly damage. One of the engines reported plane down with fire and request med and structural fire engine just south of Deer Creek airport. he was showing the plane where a dip site was for the choppers in the area. But I never heard any follow up. Not sure if this feed is just ODF or is the feed streaming anyone else .Unless this was a drill . this is not the same feed that is on Radio reference. I will ask around , this may be a case of hush hush or something , hard to believe it was a drill. I will get back with you!

crash

ok i checked with a friend an he heard the same thing This is what we hear:
14:12 grants pass this is engine # we will be showing _________ the message was gargled.
14:15 Grants pass we have an air craft down!
14::15 grants pass to engine# did you say an air craft down?
14:16 Engine to grants pass yes hold on!
14:17 Grants pass to engine what craft is it?
14:17 Engine to grants pass check your AFF !
14:18 grants pass ok it's a tanker!
14:18 Engine keyed his mic o no was his response on radio
14:19 air attack to grants pass I have not heard back from 33 Romeo or not sure what the other wing number was.
14:20 Grants pass from engine #
14:21 Grants pass go ahead with your traffic!
14:21 I have an aircraft down with fire and I need medics and a structural engine and we have a new fire send me more engines we are not far from the Deer Park airport on forest road 33## did not catch all the numbers
14:22 Air attack to grants pass!
14:23 Air attack from grants pass are you calling?
14:24 Grants pass We found 33 Romeo he is down in a heavy wooded area with major damage it going to be a walkin show.
Thats all i heard because I left the room for something.

kind to find it hard to believe this was a drill

crash

anyway to find out who is tail # 33 romeo and Did grants pass say if they were running a drill? Is there a Deer Park air port? near grants pass anywhere? I am in AZ.

KE7JFF

That could be a drill...you would be surprised with what scenarios they use in drills...

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Yup, sounds like a drill to me -- plus, there is no airport in Deer Creek. Something like this would have hit the 24-hour news cycle almost immediately.

There was a large wildland fire out near the area of Selma / Deer Creek a few years back, so perhaps ODF is doing some mock training in the area.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Our local county fire department conducts drills on the air. They use a secondary frequency, but rarely say "this is a drill."

Status
Not open for further replies.