Aircraft Dayton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyboy

Premium Subscriber
I saw 5 planes flying in a tight V formation over Dayton toady. Only managed to catch a glimpse so couldn't place the type, didn't look like fighters but were awfully close to each other. I'm new to the Dayton area, how soon do aircraft start arriving for the airshow?

monkeyboy

Premium Subscriber
Maybe...

Looking at the line up for Erie you could be right. The jets I saw had strange looking "large tail fins" which now thinking about it could have been the A-10 display team. (A-10's having the twin "fins" on back). Just wish I could have heard them but couldn't get to my scanner in time.

FPO703

That would have been them. I was up in Erie today and say a formation of 5. By the time I got my camera ready, they were already out of visual range.

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
Aircraft in Dayton

I caught a glimpse of a C-17 and one of the two 757's used as Air Force 2 in the last week in the Dayton area. Unusual for this area, and the Air Show still the better part of 2 wks away.

MonkeyBoy- If you need any help getting your rig set up, I live close to you. Send me a private message. I sent you one 3 wks ago, but it was never answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.