Aircraft Disaster Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
...will be taking place at the Austin Straubel International Airport, just west of Green Bay starting at 09:00 Hrs CDT on August 09, 2006.

Main traffic will be on the Green Bay Regional TRS for Ashwaubenon Public Safety on TG-5488 and possibly TG-5552 as well as Brown County main - 154.740, MARC I - 151.280, WISPERN - 155.475 and State Net - 151.460.

I'll be there as a Protocol and Procedures observer for liaison with the Red Cross and other Chaplain Responders in the immediate area.

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Things went fairly well on Aug. 09 except NO ONE from Emergency Government assigned event frequencies before the event started and COMM was an issue for the first hour. Amateur operators using 147.120 were the only one's who were organized. We had Secret Service personnel running around like their britches were on fire because THEY were not advised that an excercise was taking place and they were there in preparation for a visit to the same airport by the President one day later. "Hello, Mr. Smith and Wesson - I'd like you to meet Mr. Uzi."

The Presidential visit on Aug. 10 was handled well because the motorcade was under the direction of the Secret Service and the State Patrol. Three venues in 4 hours and those went without a hitch. The only problem that they ran into is that they had to use WISPERN car to car because no one was able to activate the MARC I repeater according to what I was told later in the day.

Filed my observation reports yesterday along with many other evaluators and observers and hopefully things will run smoother for these aircraft accident drills in the future.

djeplett

RevGary said:
Amateur operators using 147.120 were the only one's who were organized.
Attaboy to the Brown County ARES/RACES group!

I had to work that day so I didn't get to monitor anything. Would have been interesting, what I could have heard over here in New London.

Status
Not open for further replies.