Aircraft Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

germwad86

I live in Central Jersey, close to Philly, Newark, JFK and Laguardia. With that being said, I scan the aircraft bank on my scanner and get tons of hits on many frews. What is the best way to try to determine what I may be hearing. I checked the Freqs for the airports I listed but I still have about 20 freqs that just pop up randomly that I would like to know what they are. I guess I'm just wondering if there is any good way or site where you can enter in the freq and find out if it's affiliated to an airport or an aircraft company (delta, american, etc).

Thanks

nanZor

You may also want to visit:

http://airnav.com/airports/

From there, you can find your local airports, and down the page, more nearby airport links will be listed that you can browse. You can find all the tower / approach / departure, and even FBO frequencies etc, and this might help you find out what those hits are.

You'll probably end up with a nice mix of international airport / passenger service freqs, AND some very nice general-aviation frequencies for private aircraft, experimentals, etc flying all around you.

Airnav.com is not just a frequency listing database - there is a LOT of cool stuff you may have never known about your local airport activities..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.