Airdrie Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I noticed there is no frequencies posted in the database for Airdrie Fire Department. I might just be catching up late, but are they analog or encrypted like Okotoks Fire Department ?

Apologies if this is a repeat question to some.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Searching Airdrie on Spectrum Direct returns a number of VHF licences some located at Airdrie fire halls.

Looks like a fair number of DMR licences.

Go here: Licensee Name Search | Spectrum Direct | Industry Canada and use Airdrie as your search. Click on the Communications Department result and look for the results with the 62m towers. Those are probably the repeaters.

*edit* Nevermind. As Jay911 pointed out, the system is already in the database.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Yup, there's a ton of legacy 16K0F3E in there, but that appears to be the case nationwide with regards to updating licenses to DMR/other digital emissions. The 15 East Lake Hill location is indeed the one tower site. The other specified addresses are the fire stations and the RCMP detachment (the Highland Park address).

SCPD

QRT
Thanks all for the clarification. If someone has the time or equipment to be able to document/record the frequencies or talk-groups for Airdrie and post them to the database that would be very helpful.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all for the clarification. If someone has the time or equipment to be able to document/record the frequencies or talk-groups for Airdrie and post them to the database that would be very helpful.

Can Airdrie Fire be heard on Calgary Digital Radio?

Jay911

Feed Provider
Can Airdrie Fire be heard on Calgary Digital Radio?

Being that Airdrie FD is on their city's MotoTRBO system, no. MotoTRBO is not compatible with SmartZone (Calgary Digital Radio's design/protocol) nor P25 (AFRRCS).

The frequencies are listed in the DB. The talkgroups would have to be figured out by someone with a MotoTRBO capable radio or receiver.

Last edited:

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
OK thanks. I was going to post that I have heard Airdrie Fire on the CDR recently but then got thinking that it may have been Balzac I had heard from the County of Rockyview on CDR. That is why I posted the question. I mistakenly thought 107 was out of Airdrie but see that it is a Balzac department. While have to listen to see if any mention of 57 is ever made on CDR.

Jay911

Feed Provider
OK thanks. I was going to post that I have heard Airdrie Fire on the CDR recently but then got thinking that it may have been Balzac I had heard from the County of Rockyview on CDR. That is why I posted the question. I mistakenly thought 107 was out of Airdrie but see that it is a Balzac department. While have to listen to see if any mention of 57 is ever made on CDR.
Airdrie Fire hasn't been 57/58 for ages.. I think the numbers posted on their buildings these days are 87/88/89 which I presume is their numbers in the Red Deer County dispatch system (which is who dispatches them right now).

SCPD

QRT
Even if your not able to tun into them its nice to know what talkgroups they utilize on there system as with any radio system that a scanner cannot pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.