AirEvac 118 - West Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

talexhill

Howdy,

AirEvac recently opened a base in West Liberty, Morgan County and was wondering if anyone knew what frequency they were using. I saw the previous article about 116 in Martin County. I'll program that into my radio and see if maybe they're using that frequency as well.

--
Alex

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Howdy,

AirEvac recently opened a base in West Liberty, Morgan County and was wondering if anyone knew what frequency they were using. I saw the previous article about 116 in Martin County. I'll program that into my radio and see if maybe they're using that frequency as well.

--
Alex

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=1219

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Air_Evac_Lifeteam_(US_Nationwide)

Look up the UHF medical channels - Med one to Med nine + 155.160 - 155.340 - 155.400 and possibly 155.235. The UHF and VHF ( 160 - 340 - 400 ) med channel radio frequencies are available on the internet.

RR.Com thread = http://forums.radioreference.com/kentucky-radio-discussion-forum/231086-air-evac-lifeteam.html

FF - Medic

Last edited:

ff-medic

Banned
Not on there bro. They just opened up recently, They've only been to my county for one flight since they've opened.

Start Googling. Or do a "band search" on your scanner - I.E. search / scan the radio bands.

In the above information and in the link with the threads - they have freqs that are "nationwide", like 151.505 if I recall.

They may have been in your county for one flight, but the freqs for them are nationwide. Med freqs are common and can be found by googling, or searching local hospital and dispatch frequencies.

Just because there is not a freq listed for your area specifically, does not mean that the ones they have and are licensed for, are not used in your area.

I don't have a Air Evac, Health Net, and what ever the one in Pennsylvania is called....... local to me. But I can still listen to them by monitoring the freqs that they do have, and are listed in other locations.

FF - Medic !!!

talexhill

Start Googling. Or do a "band search" on your scanner - I.E. search / scan the radio bands.

In the above information and in the link with the threads - they have freqs that are "nationwide", like 151.505 if I recall.

They may have been in your county for one flight, but the freqs for them are nationwide. Med freqs are common and can be found by googling, or searching local hospital and dispatch frequencies.

Just because there is not a freq listed for your area specifically, does not mean that the ones they have and are licensed for, are not used in your area.

I don't have a Air Evac, Health Net, and what ever the one in Pennsylvania is called....... local to me. But I can still listen to them by monitoring the freqs that they do have, and are listed in other locations.

FF - Medic !!!

Haha I don't own a scanner. I own radios..

I've got their state-wide channels already programmed. Specifically what I am looking for is the radio frequency in which they are dispatched on, and communicate to their base/communications center on.

When they flew here, they switch to our frequencies and communicated with us, just like all other air medical services do.

ff-medic

Banned
When they flew here, they switch to our frequencies and communicated with us...............

Then you need the transmit and receive frequencies, along with the transmit....and possibly the receive PL codes. A little more than you can get here unless someone sees this thread an whom is in the know.

Night - Night :::

FF - Medic !!!

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Until they are licensed AEL will most likely use their national itinerant freqs: 151.5050 and 158.4000 Most of their installations are Base/Mobile... Air Evac has freqs somewhat near Morgan Co: 159.7650 is from Greenup and 153.1550 in Clay... no one has submitted info confirming their use but if they're airborne you might catch them talking with Dispatch...

rwopp2

I'm in Ashland and I pickup Air Evac 97 on 159.765 tone is 155, and Air Evac 114 on 153.800 and 159.795 both tone 073. They call 159.765 the Portsmouth tower and 153.800 is the Ironton tower. I believe 159.795 is the helo and 153.800 is the base.

ff-medic

Banned
Until they are licensed AEL will most likely use their national itinerant freqs: 151.5050 and 158.4000 Most of their installations are Base/Mobile... Air Evac has freqs somewhat near Morgan Co: 159.7650 is from Greenup and 153.1550 in Clay... no one has submitted info confirming their use but if they're airborne you might catch them talking with Dispatch...

Exactly. Thank you.

And the higher they are, the better able one should be able to hear them when they transmit on the radio, as they essentially have a 5,000 foot antenna - if they are flying at 5,000 feet.

FF - Medic !!!

ff-medic

Banned
Data from the FCC Database.

FCC Broadcast License for "The Company" is out of Missouri.

Licensee
AIR EVAC LIFETEAM
1001 Boardwalk Springs Place, Suite 250
O'Fallon, MO 63368
ATTN JEFF SUTHERLAND

ULS Application - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional - 0005317877 - AIR EVAC LIFETEAM - Frequency Summary

Bottom right side of the page = filter frequency by location, and it will tell you what frequency the tower ( license ) is using. I only see two broadcast locations in Kentucky = Mayfield and Manchester. The only two frequencies I could identify are = 153.155 & 160.2075

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQOI856 - AIR EVAC LIFETEAM - Frequencies Summary

ULS Application - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional - 0005317877 - AIR EVAC LIFETEAM - Frequency Summary

If you want to "Scan / Search the bands". Read this as a general idea = http://www.fordyce.org/scanning/scanning_info/freqall.htm

FF - Medic !!!

Last edited:

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I'm in Ashland and I pickup Air Evac 97 on 159.765 tone is 155, and Air Evac 114 on 153.800 and 159.795 both tone 073. They call 159.765 the Portsmouth tower and 153.800 is the Ironton tower. I believe 159.795 is the helo and 153.800 is the base.

159.7650 is licensed to Air Evac Lifeteam (WQNK280) in South Shore, KY... 153.8000 is one of the AEL Nationwide Itinerant freqs, both are Base Mobile...
AEL 97 is based in Portsmouth, AEL 114 in Ironton so, pending further confirmation, I assume 97 is 159.7650/D155 and 114 is 159.7650/D073....

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
No it isn't. 151.505, 158.4, 464.5 and 464.55 are the only ones they have licsened for nationwide itinerant use.
You are correct, and sorry for the dyslexic eyes... too many numbers, not enough diopter! Still can't find 153.8000 in ULS for AEL. Just trying to get things straight so I can load them into my radio for the next trip that direction...

quarterwave

I have a Air Evac about 1 air mile from me, and our hospital is about 1.5 miles too. Their base radio (simplex VHF) is about 15 miles West of me. I hear lots of their traffic. The dispatch center (Texas?) uses the base radio via ROIP, and I think the office at the pad can too. I'm not sure if the office has a radio at all, don't see any antenna on it...just a small place.

I hear the dispatches, the chopper take off,etc. I am close enough that many times when the leave the hospital, they fly right over my place. I hear them on Air band too, as we have 2 county airports in close proximity. I have never heard them on HEAR VHF (Squad freq) talking in to the hospital, rather I hear them talk over their own VHF base, and then the dispatch center is patching them to the hospital via phone on the console. Kind of the long way around, but I guess it works for them. Must be some reason they don't want to use 155.340...and it could be the altitude, even with a PL they could hit several hospitals who might be already on theirs listening to a local to them incoming squad.

At any rate, they either have a licensed application in, or will reuse a freq and are waiting for approval in the location. I think the one they have here is used in Texas and Georgia too. They are cool to listen too. I stood 50 feet from one taking off a couple weeks ago at the hospital pad. I would say they are in and out of their base and the hospital 2-3 times a day minimum.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
The frequency on the license is 153.08.

Thanx Tom, looks like my diopter more adjusting than I thought! Your find helps greatly and should sort things out... AEL has freqs for their bases and freqs for towers not directly associated with bases but along flight paths to hospitals, most of them Base/Mobile arrangements. So here is what it seems from piecing together Kentucky's AEL network: AEL 97, 159.7650/D155, is based in Portsmouth; AEL 114, 153.080/159.7650 /D073, is based in Ironton...This appears to be one of the exceptions to AEL's FB (BM) set up.

159.7650 is WQNK280 - AIR EVAC LIFETEAM in South Shore, KY;
153.080/159.7650 D073 is WQSV293 - AIR EVAC LIFETEAM in Ironton, OH...

Thanx to rwopp2, we have the numbers and thanx to Tom we have less confusion in the search. Now we need to confirm the freq and tone for AEL 118 (and AEL 116) and add them to the data base....

quarterwave

In Ohio there are talk groups on MARCS and MARCS-IP for Air Evac, I think they are for FD/EMS to use to coordinate on scene with them when/if they have that radio in the chopper. It doesn't appear to be for their operations.

I know the one near me has EDACs as they had a tough time coordinating with the neighboring county who runs EDACs everything on wreck scene last summer. I think they eventually did a VHF radio to base - to console phone patch back to the SO dispatch in the county to get instructions.

RonnieUSA

I was to slow I guess after finding the frequency, and getting it in the scanner, they must have got off the ground before I got it programed in.

The frequencies are:
151.085 FB2 - Mobile Relay, Tone: ?
159.915 MO - Mobile, Tone: ? (DPL 047)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.