Airforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEVPRO95

Hello

Pres Bush will be going to Maine today, and coming back on Sunday.

I was wondering where AIRFORCE1 will fly to? Maybe Pease AFB in NH?

Also what freqs would be worth tuning into? Secret service? MILAIR? AIR?

KEVPRO95

Just heard AIRFORCE1. This is awesome! I guess programming almost 200 freqs paid off.

petrolero

That's cool!

Does Air Force One generally use VHF or UHF or both? I remember tuning Marine One one time when Clinton visited the GHW Bush library in College Station, TX - but I don't think Easterwood field had UHF capability like the AFBs do.

Bush came to Buckley AFB in Aurora, CO regularly back during the 2004 campaign. Of course, in those days I was using an old BearCat that couldn't tune mil-air. Now I can :D

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm sure the actual comms capabilities of AF1 are strictly classified, but I'm willing to bet they can get on any frequency they want, at any time.

While You-know-who was in Maine, there were Combat Air Patrols flying about - there was a little traffic on this on the Scan Mass.boards. It seems the NJ ANG, Shaw AFB and Otis a/c all got into the act. Something to keep in mind the next time he's around. Most times its pretty routine, unless someone is foolish enough to wander into the restricted zone.

73s Mike

ka3jjz said:
I'm sure the actual comms capabilities of AF1 are strictly classified,

Actually, they're pretty well, known and documented for anyone who cares to look them up. They're not exactly state secrets. Just knowing how something is done doesn't necessarily mean you can do diddly with that information. I may know an AWACS can communicate via SATCOM but when he does so via an encrypted link it really does me little good. Many are familiar with the general types of communication gear AF1 uses but that doesn't mean they can do anything with that information when those comms go green.

Yokoshibu

uhm yes communication freqs in regards to AF1 are at least held at the secret level.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
AF1 AF2 etc... will generally use VHF Civilian Comms while enroute and for approach and landing, this is inline with most military aircraft as they move around the US. Of course this is strictly for ATC comms, other communications, well thats a different story....

Status
Not open for further replies.