airlines strike again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone happen to catch the 'story' on the Today show news this morning? Seems that Delta is going to start allowing only one (1) checked bag per passenger starting later this month. Weight limit is 50 pounds. Additional bags will cost you $25.

I've had to travel for extended periods, longer than a week. When I've done this, I've started using two smaller suitcases rather than the one larger one I have. I was getting hit with 'overweight' charges with the big suitcase, now I'll get hit for trying to keep my weight down.

The story stated several other airlines will be following Delta's "lead" (sic).

hoser147

Lynn, just caught a news program talking about how much money the feds pump into the airlines. Unreal, expectally when congressmen fund the shortline airports just to have a conveinant way home for the weekend. If not for the feds many airlines wouldnt make it at all. We spend millions, just for a small plane to go 80 miles with 1 or 2 passengers, while we the taxpayers pay for all the empty seats at inflated per seat rates. Hoser

LEH

Premium Subscriber
As Mark Twain once wrote about Washington, "that grand old benevolent national asylum for the helpless."

Though I like the way Hal Holbrook used it in "Mark Twain Tonight"

"I was very particular about the kind of job I wanted. I didn't want to work. So I went over to the Congress, that Grand Old Benevolent National Asylum for the Helpless, and I reported on the inmates there."​

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
Why shouldn't someone pay more if they use more resources? I have to wonder what exactly some people are taking, especially when you see a family of four going on a week-long vacation. Both parents and both kids each check a 50-pound suitcase in their names and they each take a massive carry-on along with a "personal item" that could be used to do the shot put.

The few people that will get miffed enough about this to not fly aren't really of concern to the airlines. Their big money comes from the business fliers whose companies pay full-fare along with these charges.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.