Airplane Crash Augusta County

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
Evidently they are still looking for the pilot. I heard a little while ago that somebody spotted a parachute coming down near I-81 in Botetourt County, but it is unknown if that is related.

fredva

Feed Provider
Did they find him?

I just tuned into the Staunton Waynesboro Augusta County feed and I'm hearing talk about medevacing the patient out to either UVA or the Deerfield command post. That would be wonderful if they found the pilot. Does anybody else have any more info? I guess it's possible one of the searchers suffered an injury.

freqhopping

Anybody else hear what was just said on EMA ops?
All search activities have been suspended. National Guard troops are advised to stay off social media for 24 hours.

All state troopers have been released from the search assignment.

Last edited:

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
They are also using DMA West tac 4529 for comms throughout this. First time I've heard any DMA TGs used. Helos operating on it btw.

Interesting thing was the 436 wouldn't pick it up in scan. Only the 600 did.

Hopefully that means good news Freq and they've found him as Fred says.

freqhopping

Hopefully that means good news Freq and they've found him as Fred says.

Don't think so. I heard several completely unrelated medevacs throughout the day.

104th Fighter Wing is planning to issue a statement later tonight. If he was found alive I think they would've made a public statement already.

fredva

Feed Provider
Sorry to hear this. I got my hopes up when I first heard about a patient being transported by helicopter. But as I continued to listen, I realized that they were still continuing to send out teams to do grid searches this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.