AIRS Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMHODNETT

Premium Subscriber
I live in Helena and no signals heard on airs at 3 pm on 06/09/2022.

Last edited:

medic9351301

Banned
i am confused whats the purpose of this . i dont think is real time info,
i would think a feed would have to be provided to link back to here.

medic9351301

Banned
nothing has changed trust me .
there seems to be confusion here.the live button was a short cut to broadcastify . the live audio i am thinking would be comming from broadcastify and not this site .
it seems to me that this is a broadcastify issue, and has nothing to do with this site.
i dont know of any feed providers for the entire jeffco system or shelby county system .
shelby co is in the process of up grading to a complete phase 2 system. and adding some simulcast sites as well as some new towers.
the live button was a short cut to broadcastify .
it would be nice to know how these recordings are actually posted here.

Last edited:

medic9351301

Banned
what are you trying to hear it on?
cause unless you have a scanner your will not hear it .
it also depends on what site you have it on.

medic9351301

Banned
Do you not understand what i am asking are you using a scanner or that web page?
" I'm monitoring the Talk Groups from here: Talkgroups Seen on System: Alabama Interoperable Radio System (AIRS) (broadcastify.com) . Should I be looking elsewhere". This qoute from you tells me your using the above web page to listen .So unless you have a scanner, your wasting your time trying to listen here.
THIS IS NOT A LIVE FEED NEVER HAS BEEN LIVE. when u click the live button it takes you to the broadcastify web page .To find a live feed on broadcastify . THERE ARE NO LIVE FEEDS ON BROADCASTIFY FOR SHELBY COUNTY . i dont have any idea on what the purpose of the above website is for other than testing purposes maybe.

If you can tell us what your trying to listen to the airs with i am pretty sure that you can get a lot more help .
Shelby county is site based meaning if your tryiing to hear helena on a scanner only . a helena unit must connect or Affiliate to a tower . example your not going to hear a helena unit on the montevallo site unless they are in range of it . At this time its not a simulcast system meaning one frequency or control channel would give you everything in shelby county .If you having issues hearing stuff it could be a lot of things like the model of the scanner programing, range control . antenna and the list goes on . At this time shelby county is a phase 1 p 25 system .

medic9351301

Banned
if your having issues with shelby county then is prob a antenna, programing or service tag issue.
i have programed numerous scanners for shelby county stuff and they have never had a issue.
if you are wanting to hear helena i would try the pelham site first then the helena site . tech the helena site is not part of the shelby county network . it may carry helena traffic . the helena city actually belongs to the city of hoover and their own 700 city site thats feed into the jeffco simulcast site.

Status
Not open for further replies.