Airshow At Aiken County Airport? Or, Something Else?

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Since last Thursday, I have watched a World War 2 historic re-enactment of at least 2 P-51s and a slew of rotary engined trainers flying over the farm. I went to a hardware store near the airport yesterday and saw a formation of 6 trainers flying over the airport, peeling off to land. At least 2 of them were AT-6s, I think, couldn't get a real good look at them. Only the P-51s were on ADSB, haven't listened to them on AC frequencies, yet, my AC scanner is down and I haven't programmed the frequencies in my other scanner. Haven't seen any multi-engined aircraft, yet...

My 2 year old grandson gets excited when the deep throated rotary engines fly over and he usually beats me out the door to get a look, lol.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible that they were participating in the Beaufort Air Show?
I don't believe so, one or two may have been on stand-by in case of a Beaufort airshow mechanical failure. Watching the ones leaving Sunday afternoon, looked like there were two P-51s, one P-40, 6 AT-6s and a rotary engine powered observation craft in D-Day regalia. Could have been more that went the other way, IDK. Most of them went back to an airport south of Knoxville, TN.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Augusta Regional Airport is hosting the Thunderbirds as well as other planes on May 13th and 14th.
Looking forward to that, even though I don't believe this was associated with the ARA Airshow, but, who knows - could have been.:unsure: