Airshow at the Greater Binghamton Airport (BGM) - July 4th and 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Ok Rich, thanks.

I have all the Broome fire loaded so I should be ok there, just need to add that Golden Knights frequency.

Also, you had 257.625 listed before but not in the one you just sent. Should I remove that one?

rbm

Ok Rich, thanks.

I have all the Broome fire loaded so I should be ok there, just need to add that Golden Knights frequency.

Also, you had 257.625 listed before but not in the one you just sent. Should I remove that one?

Keep that frequency.

It's not used often, but it is used by Military aircraft on approach to the airport. So you never know ...

And a few quick comments about the Unicom frequency.
After the tower closes at midnight, aircraft flying through the air space announce their presence on that frequency.
So I often hear the lifeflight helicopters on there between comms with the local hospitals, fire, ems, etc.

Rich

Last edited:

rbm

Another update for you.

122.925 is being used now for an Air Show commentator describing the action and coordination.
So you want to have that one 'plugged' into the scanner. ;-)

In past years, these were also active.

118.7000 BGM Ground Boss
123.1000 BGM AirBoss
123.1500 BGM AirBoss 2008
123.1500 BGM AirBoss 2009
123.1750 Common Air Show2
123.3000 BGM AirBoss
123.4000 Common Air Show
123.4250 Common Air Show3
123.4500 Common Air Chat.
132.9500 BGM AirBoss 2007
132.9500 BGM AirBoss 2009

Rich

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Good stuff Rich!

Thanks again for the air info, the 800 made it even more interesting.

The secondary listing you gave me appeared to have more, if not most, of the activity, just so you know. I'm guessing I would've missed most of the action had I not checked the site right before I left, because I didn't have a good opportunity to do any searching.

I haven't had the chance to review all the recordings yet so I don't have an accurate account of which ones did or didn't get used. I can say that the AIR BOSS channels will be what you want, at least it was last night. Also AIR GRND and AIR COMMENT are very active.

I did notice some comms in the background of the PA announcer a couple of times that didn't come up on my unit. Not sure what they would've been but it appeared to have been possibly "private" air show comms between the announce booth and the craft. So, if you have anything else you might "suspect" in your listings it could be them. Unfortunately I won't be able to go back today to give any further reports.

Sincere appreciation for all your help with this, had a great time. Hope my input helps.

rbm

Thanks for the feedback.

I've attached a Uniden usd file that includes the known (to me) frequencies for this year's show.

In other years you will have to add in other groups.

I noticed that this year a number of the performers are relatively new and I couldn't find any frequency info for them.

I'd like to be close enough to the show with a good antenna and be running Close Call on about 20 scanners at the same time.

They aren't on their individual radios for more than a few minutes at a time during practice and the actual air show so it can be hectic trying to pin down the frequencies.

By the way, I was listening to the show last night on my feed, so I got to enjoy if from a distance. ;)

Rich

Most, if not all, performers have their own discrete frequencies for their use.
They can be anything from typical air band, to FRS, to business, to the old DOT frequencies.
The military performers can be low VHF, air band, UHF, or ISR (equivalent to the family radio service but in the Milair band).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.