Airshow scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
The database on this site has the F-35 Demo Team frequency as 255.15. I haven‘t seen their demo yet but if it’s just one aircraft, I’m not sure what they’d use the UHF frequency for. Typically I only hear the single-ship demos communicating with Air Boss on VHF.

They’ll use it for a/a transiting to/from show and they also have a spotter on the ground who will talk to the pilot during the show. Mostly the pilot reporting every thing is good after the maneuver. However, the F-35 team has changed their base from Luke to Hill so the a/a aforementioned may not be used this year.

For this year:
372.175—F22 Demo
384.55—-F16 Demo
122.475—A10 Demo

Sting11

That's a fact...….I use earbuds......work great
That’s where the Icom R30 shines: Bluetooth earbuds. This airshow season I get to try them with the AirPods Pro and noise cancellation. Will be interesting to see how much more I hear with that setup or if it won’t matter.

Premium Subscriber
hill air force base allows analog scanners only no digital scanners they made me take my bcd436hp back to the car

Really? Wow, lame.

I was just looking at HAFB website last night regarding the Utah Air Show in late June. Was confused by their prohibited items they listed. This makes sense now.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
They’ll use it for a/a transiting to/from show and they also have a spotter on the ground who will talk to the pilot during the show. Mostly the pilot reporting every thing is good after the maneuver. However, the F-35 team has changed their base from Luke to Hill so the a/a aforementioned may not be used this year.

For this year:
372.175—F22 Demo
384.55—-F16 Demo
122.475—A10 Demo

Thanks @CORN appreciate the updates

k6cpo

Wow, so Miramar Marine Corps air station will not permit civilian law enforcement to carry on base. As a Marine I'm very disappointed in that Base Commander. Kind of a show stopper for me. I don't like to go places where cops can't carry weapons.

I work as a volunteer at the MCAS Miramar air show every year with the San Diego ARES group and every police officer I've seen at the air show is armed. Perhaps the prohibition pertains if the officer isn't on "official" business.

Status
Not open for further replies.