AIRSHOW TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Seems the airshow is starting on the vhf show box frequency, 120.30. Getting some ground support on 121.90. I am 9.8 miles north so traffic from the ground is weak. Show ground control is 121.70 which is spirit ground. Tower active on 124.750 though airport is "sterile" now as air space is closed to all but show traffic.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Teufler, please don't start multiple threads on the same topic. I've merged your three threads into one.

Thanks.

teufler

Sorry, I was having computer problems, stuff was not updateing like it should, plus I had a typo error on a frequency. I was posting, then I'd check back and it didn't appeAR that the posting had gone through.

wtp

and you?

are you going to the show or just sit back and listen?
the thunderbirds were down here and prior to the show i got to sit across the street and listen. and then went to the show on sunday , also treated some couple to the comms. they were going back to indiana (i think ) and get a radio.

teufler

I have to just sit and listen as I had a stroke and legs don't work too good. Walking at the show would be too far. Being an ex carrier pilot, I would like to go see but searching for the frequencies is fun. The lead planes comms were interesting as he keep saying "power, power" which I guess they were doing rolls. The solo planes were saying to each other when it was time to roll inverted or smoke on. Just cueing when they would start to mix things up abit. I am 9.5 miles from the airport but as soon as the pl;ane gets some height, they come in very clear. The other aircraft used faa calls rather than military calls. As I recall, this was required when operating at a civilian airport though at times we used out militARY tac calls. The controllers seemed to not mind and it was easier for use to remember . Last night a Navy P-8 came in. I woulfd have liked to hear them, probably did but a regular N call just blended in.

Status
Not open for further replies.