Airspace cross-coupling

JonathanK

Premium Subscriber
Hello to the listeners of ATC (Aircraft monitoring). I recently visited my local airport Flight Services office and had a chance to re-examine the communicatiom tools and weather observations stuff.

On the Comm. panel, there is a button "TX TOGGLE". The operator holda down that button, which displays all of the active - available frequencies. Then, the operator can select the 2 minimum frequencies, and selects "Speaker" + "Transmit" which allows freq 1 to re-transmit onto freq 2, and vice versa.

I can only imagine large ATC facilities that monitor several airspacw frequencies, and how they may be pre-programed for auto cross-coupling.

The screenshot posted, is sharesmd from a previous thread (now closed), of the Sault-Ste-Marie Canada / Wawa, Eliott Lake sectors, not where I live though lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230321_120622_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230321_120622_Gallery.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 88

spanky15805

I believe that is specific to NavCanada. The NVS, IVSR and STVS do not have those capabilities. It is being worked on for the next voice switch system to be deployed along with climax.

ATCTech

For the record, the hardware is a product of Frequentis of Austria. We (NAV Canada) worked with them first in the then-new Toronto Pearson (CYYZ) control tower as the very first installation then it was rolled out system-wide to include the 7 IFR enroute centres, FSS locations and Gander IFSS plus of course our system labs and technical training center.

Nice photos. Is my cheque in the mail? :D

JonathanK

Premium Subscriber
For the record, the hardware is a product of Frequentis of Austria. We (NAV Canada) worked with them first in the then-new Toronto Pearson (CYYZ) control tower as the very first installation then it was rolled out system-wide to include the 7 IFR enroute centres, FSS locations and Gander IFSS plus of course our system labs and technical training center.

Nice photos. Is my cheque in the mail? :D
May I reach out to you via Prv msg?