SDR# Airspy and Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukdx

I'm hoping to have a week away where analogue TV on all bands is still alive and well so I've been setting up an old laptop with three programs for recording analogue TVDX that won't run on any OS later than XP. So far so good but it would be useful to use my Airspy to capture the audio channel so I can tailor the bandwidth to suit reception but will it install on XP?

I've installed a new drive and installed XP SP3, I know Sharp ver1361 runs on XP and it supports Airspy. I've tried the compatability driver from the Airspy website but that fails 'because the Wizard cannot find the necessary software' even though it's pointing at the correct folder. I'm sure I used my Airspy with XP when I first purchased it (first release) but maybe I was mistaken? So, did it or can it install on XP?
Cheers for any help
Paul

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Paul if no one answers here, this is where Airspy says to go...this page is nothing more than telling you where to go

Even though they say it isn't for tech support, you will often find a great deal of that here...

Mike

ukdx

Thanks Mike, I've posted to the io group so I'll see if I get anything back. In the past I've found the group less than helpful for simple end user support with a some bad attitude from one or two but I'll try again.

My plan B is to use an RTL but I would rather use the AS so I can measure the carrier frequencies more accurately.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks Mike, I've posted to the io group so I'll see if I get anything back. In the past I've found the group less than helpful for simple end user support with a some bad attitude from one or two but I'll try again.

My plan B is to use an RTL but I would rather use the AS so I can measure the carrier frequencies more accurately.

Yep, foolish questions that can be answered via a simple search of Google, or RR forums, or the Airspy group are not tolerated at all. Youssef runs a tight ship. Of course, with that said, there is one particular person in the Airspy group who has diarrhea of the mouth (or fingers I guess) that has run on unabated for years -- they apparently love to read their own writing.

m

SaSal

XP was EOL in 2014 and Airspy was launched with the initial 500 units in 2014 - so maybe you used XP for it - Windows 7/8 may be more likely however.

I feel your pain on the legacy apps, are there really no alternatives at all ? This is the very situation why there are so many vulnerabilities and ingress exploits for XP, they know companies/consumers are stuck running it for legacy software.

Maybe try Wayback machine to see if they have archives for back then, though most times they do not archive binaries.

ukdx

All sorted thanks to a reply on there suggesting I install the driver using Zadig more commonly used for the RTL-SDRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.