Airspy purchase .. and SDRPlay in the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatliner

Unfortunately I'm going to have to assume that you're "one of the team", either Youssef Touil or Ian Gilmour . I suspect that others will also. After all, you seem very bothered about all this.

Maybe I'll call you Youssef 'the Twonk' Touil from now on. Or maybe Ian 'own goal' Gilmour. Which do you prefer?

900 lost sales. Now, that has to hurt.

salamalekum

Duplicate Account: MrxBurrito
Banned
Unfortunately I'm going to have to assume that you're "one of the team", either Youssef Touil or Ian Gilmour . I suspect that others will also. After all, you seem very bothered about all this.

Maybe I'll call you Youssef 'the Twonk' Touil from now on. Or maybe Ian 'own goal' Gilmour. Which do you prefer?

900 lost sales. Now, that has to hurt.

My apologies. I am saddened to have to burst your bubble. Assuming is not a very good thing. You risk being wrong. Which you are. Sorry. Just another disappointed SDRplay customer.

I am in fact bothered. Bothered by the facts that I have written about here. Bothered by the ghetto tactics of the self-proclaimed official unofficial advocates. But, even more bothered that such a "serious" company as SDRPlay decided not to distance themselves from such riffraff. But, that was their choice. Perhaps, they should have been wiser and decided who they considered their friends.

Now. I do not think I am as bothered as you. Check this out:

Why would you sell your SDRplay?? Youseff's aggressive marketing strategy has made money from you, and you've got a limited product in return.

SDR# isn't the only option, far from it. SDR-Radio works very well, and is far superior to SDR#. I'm using SDR-Radio almost exclusively now. It's only a few plugins that were written by other people that make SDR# worth anything at all. All these things are being addressed in SDR-Radio v3, of which Simon is writing right now. I think that you've simply had problems getting SDR-Radio running on your PC. I also use HDSDR a lot too. Someone has worked out how to scan with it too. And this will happen. As SDR# falls out of use (as it is) other applications will fill the slot. Nature abhors a vacuum.

If you want SDR# with the working plugins, just use version 1361. I have it with working frequency manager and other plugins, which works with SDRplay perfectly. Several of us also use SDR# ADSB with SDRplay.

Yet, you are still here replying to every single one of my posts. So, please tell me. Who is bothered? I am not the one assuming I am a person I am not. And second, calling the SDR# people names. So, once again. Who is bothered by this?

Flatliner

You're bothered, which is why every post on your current profile has been about this. And why hasn't the Airspit team decided not to distance themselves from such a troll as yourself?

Why do you banging on about being disappointed with SDRplay? I am, as are, in your our words, 900 other SDR# users, disappointed with SDR#. I sold my Airspy, and kept the RSP. You seem unable to understand the meaning of that.

salamalekum how is Morocco at this time of year?

Last edited:

salamalekum

Banned
Why hasn't Youseff the twonk et all decided not to distance themselves from such a troll?

Whey do you banging on about being disappointed with SDRplay? I am, as are, in your our words, 900 other SDR# users, disappointed with SDR#. I sold my Airspy, and kept the RSP. You seem unable to understand the meaning of that.

salamalekum How is Morocco at this time of year?

Honestly tell me why are you so mad? I mean, it can't be me. Did I push your buttons just by posting the facts?

Sorry If I offended you my posts are not aimed at you.

I understand sdrplay users have other options like you mentioned in another thread. They have HDSDR, last version 2.71 released in 2013? They can also look forward to sdr-console like you said, everything will be awesome in V3. They will just have to wait until what was it? The end of Q2 2016. That is June next year am I correct?

In the meantime, since you cant get the best out of your SDRPlay because of outdated or software that is not yet fully compatible you will just have to reply to my threads to keep yourself entertained. =)

Sorry but, neither one of the software you mentioned is improved as often as SDR# and neither has integrated or plugin based solutions for a number of things like SDR# does.

You can try to battle all you want. But, you are not any closer to being correct than you were earlier. I mean, you never had any factual argument to begin with but, now you are simply just struggling to make sense with every post.

P.S. I could not tell you about Morocco. I've never been there.

More conspiracy theories?

Flatliner

Again.

Why do you banging on about being disappointed with SDRplay? I am, as are, in your our words, 900 other SDR# users, disappointed with SDR#. I sold my Airspy, and kept the RSP. You seem unable to understand the meaning of that.

salamalekum

Banned
Again.

You are entertaining I have to admit. But, I have to go for a bit now. Please feel free to PM me when you have any facts to discuss.

Oh, forgot. I am sorry you decided to keep your RSP. I feel your pain.

Flatliner

And you are delusional and pretentious with it. I really have no idea why you've convinced yourself that I would want to exchange PMs with you, or that you've won any argument. This thread has people stating how they don't want to deal with such an arrogant company as airspy. One poster even decided to get a refund before his arrived, and others made their contempt for the company, very clear.

A message for MrxBurrito, I would be happy for you to PM me regarding a price for your remaining RSP. If you've decided to keep it (of course) I'll just buy another from SDRplay.

Last edited:

salamalekum

Banned
And you are delusional and pretentious with it. I really have no idea why you've convinced yourself that I would want to exchange PMs with you. This thread has people stating how they don't want to deal with such an arrogant company as airspy. One poster even decided to get a refund before his arrived, and others made their contempt for the company, very clear.

A message for MrxBurrito, I would be happy for you to PM me regarding a price for your remaining RSP. If you've decided to keep it (of course) I'll just buy another from SDRplay.

No, the OP clearly stated he was going to sell his Sdrplay. He was convinced or bought into not doing it by you and broadband. Did you already forgot what you posted? Another user had already sold one of his/hers.

The OP is going to have a hard time getting the best out of his sdrplay. Unfortunate for him he made the wrong choice by returning the one that has the most software support available. Time will tell him. Lessons will be learned.

You also keep mentioning how Yousseff disappointed 900 sdrplay users by removing support for the sdrplay. But, what exactly makes you think he has any obligation to sdrplay customers. SDRPlay company has an obligation to their customers but, they broke their trust when they allowed unofficial thugs to handle customer and partner support and relationship.

There is really nothing more to it. It doesnt matter how much more you want to rant or discuss semantics. You cant change what happened. And the facts are available for anyone to see and the consequences are evident.

Flatliner

No, dopey. The OP wrote "The reason .. the SDR# software is being crippled for the SDRPlay". He also had some issues with SDRradio. I told him that version 1361 is available on a website and, as he then cancelled his airspy order, it's quite possible that he did in fact get that working version. So, no downgrade to Airspy required.

Youseff has no obligation, which probably made it even easier to stiff 900 of his users, thinking that he could bully them in to buying a radio that nobody needs (the RSP took care of that). And as is evident by the OP, that arrogant mentality obviously is a money maker.

You lot are really full of yourselves, aren't you. No amount of messing about with crippling SDRblunt will change how another companies product, is going to work with another companies software. You're now completely out of the loop. Well done.

As you are still "in pain", I'm assuming that you wrote that as you have an RSP. How much do you want for it?

Last edited:

br0adband

He was convinced or bought into not doing it by you and broadband.

Don't bring me into this again, and edmscan made his or her decision strictly for his or her own reasons and from my interpretation of that first post it was because he/she wasn't able to get SDR# working properly with the RSP - that has probably since been resolved with the v1361 release he was able to acquire,

I had nothing to do with it and I suspect neither did anyone else in this thread as it rapidly falls apart more by the second. I'm confident that the OP has more than enough common sense and intelligence to read between the lines here and at other websites and make the decision completely independent of my particular opinions on this whole cluster-muck.

But again, leave me out of your particular tirade which seems to be the only reason you've joined RR based on your activity since becoming a member.

Flatliner

I should know better than feeding the trolls, especially one with a vested interest.

salamalekum

Banned
Don't bring me into this again, and edmscan made his or her decision strictly for his or her own reasons, I had nothing to do with it and I suspect neither did anyone else in this thread as it rapidly falls apart more by the second. I'm confident that the OP has more than enough common sense and intelligence to read between the lines here and at other websites and make the decision completely independent of my particular opinions on this whole cluster-muck.

But again, leave me out of your particular tirade which seems to be the only reason you've joined RR based on your activity since becoming a member.

Hey remember, It is only a tirade if it is not in agreement with what you think right?

Ok, got it. We are clear that you didn't post what you posted. Got it!

If you just bought the Airspy, I'd say return it.

You did not post this....

Don't sell it to someone else for any reason - return it for a refund on the purchase price from the seller. If people want to send a clear message about the situation with SDR# and SDRplay support, I can't think of a better way to do it than to make the developer of Airspy realize that treating customers in such ways just to stifle competition can come back to bite you in the keister. There's nothing that perks up a developer trying to make a profit faster than yanking the profits out from under their feet, basically.

Or that...

so, again, the clearest message you can deliver is one where you simply choose not to do business (in terms of cash exchanging hands) with said developer so Airspy lost me as a potential customer for several reasons, price being important sure but the actions of the developer towards a competing product nailed it for sure and that was that.

Or this...

I think the whole idea of attacks on Airspy's developer will eventually prove fruitless here - I'd like to think the members of RadioReference are a bit higher quality than the general population of the Internet at large and don't allow ourselves/themselves to get pulled down into the general muckraking that pushes activity online so often. :)

Or that.

But, hey.... I thought you said the attacks on airspy are fruitless here... Yet, you tell people to return it? Or, I mean. You tell people, that you don't tell people that you tell people... But it is ok. We already agreed that you don't tell people what you've already told people.

I am confused now...

Flatliner

Of course you're confused, you appear to have the intellect of a cabbage.

SCPD

QRT
This whole soap is reaching quite ridiculous proportions, unworthy of this hobby.

Both SDRPlay and Airspy are very nice mid-level SDRs each with their own specific strengths.
We can never demand compatibility.

The only thing radio hobbyists can do is applaud Youssef and Jon for their courage to actually start producing these products. It's easy to have an opinion from a distance, and even easier to have one anonymously.

I would like to thank both and wish them the best of luck, they have created great tools to make sophisticated SDR affordable. SDRPlay as a hardware platform. Airspy/SDR# as an excellent self-contained package. Just think about the huge amount of man hours it took them to create these tools.

Loud screaming and personal attacks here will have just one effect: start-up companies like this will think twice to even consider a collaboration, and think again to even consider entering this market.

Paul
PD0SWL

Flatliner

Thank you for your contribution into this interesting subject. Your visit has been most useful.

C'est la vie. Or "That's life", as they say in France.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Yet it sounds like you got bullied into canceling your order...

I am always suspicious when others try to talk me out of trying things.

This thread is more entertaining than some of the Uniden/Whistler threads.

Excellent summary, Dave. I for one was disappointed that the .NET 4.6 upgrade broke support for XP, but that has nothing to do with SDR# and has everything to do with Microsoft. So, the $1M question is what is the beef Microsoft has with SDRPlay according to some of the logic presented? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I agree that 8 should be placed before 6.

I do have to say that later tonight I will read this thread ... as its one of those epic fights here at RR. And to think I started it. :D

But re my cancelling my order .. and to clear the air, I love the SDRPlay .. it works very well. But the only software that I could find that worked well was SDR#. However .. it seemed to be a bit buggy with the SDRPlay and I am sure that may be no accident.

So .. it also saved $300+ for cancelling my order. Why buy a product that I really do not want .. but only forced to do so because of someone's pissing match ? So .. cancelled it is.

I recently tried to subscribe to the SDR# Yahoo forum and was denied due to being an SDRPlay owner. Maybe I should not have stated that I was a new SDRPlay user .. lesson learned.

That tells me that there is a hatred for SDRPlay users there. I did not even know about all this airspy vs sdrplay stuff before that .. but I am learning quickly about it. Kind of reminds me of a Whistler vs Uniden fanboy fight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.