Airtime Communications System DMR Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
If anybody in NE Dallas, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, Rowlett or Rockwall can help me monitor the Airtime Communications System that made its way to the Dallas county data base id appreciate the help.
Airtime Communications Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies
I am in North East Dallas (work) and programmed this into my BCD436HP with the DMR update. I have successfully monitored many DMR channels and systems and this one is not working for me. Its programmed in as a connect plus system like the page shows, but i also put it in as DMR one channel just to see which channels are active and not a peep out of any of them. Its possible its a lower power system but that wouldnt explain the lack of FCC info or the fact some channels are being shared by a public safety agency or a commercial user.
In fact the more i looked into it the more puzzling it is. I should be in a good location to monitor Richardson and Garland but it doesnt work.
I then did a few quick FCC look ups on some freqs and several come up with no one licensed to the frequency and another was for public safety agency in the same county.

451.4875 comes back to Virgin America out of Love field. This is a channel in the Richardson site.
453.4875 comes back to Souothwest Regional Communications Center which is the public safety frequency used in the Duncanville, Desoto, Cedarhill NXDN system. But it shows as the primary control channel for the connect plus site in Garland. Given they are on opposite sides of the county i still wouldnt see the FCC granting permission for that channel to be used for a radio system in Garland.
I also think one of the frequencys comes back to being licensed to Richardson school district. But the two freques i provided should be enough to ask how this system got set up in the first place. Just my opinion.

So if anybody in the coverage area can see if they can pick up anything let me know.
If i get time over the weekend i may drive around closer to the 2 sites and see if i can pick it up.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Never made it to the area over the weekend so if no body chimes in maybe next weekend ill try to get closer.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
One of the talk groups on this system shows Garland / Rowlett Scanner.
This sounds like something id like to join since i monitor Garland on my scanner when im at work.
I still cant pick up the system or find any way to make contact with the scanner guys.
If your on it let me know what it takes to Join Garalnd scanner.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
One of the talk groups on this system shows Garland / Rowlett Scanner.
This sounds like something id like to join since i monitor Garland on my scanner when im at work.
I still cant pick up the system or find any way to make contact with the scanner guys.
If your on it let me know what it takes to Join Garalnd scanner.
Don't know if there is any connection, but I do see https://twitter.com/RGScanner
Rowlett-Garland Scanner

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Probably not, that account was created this month and this system and the TG dates back to Sept. last year.
Thank you for adding that.

IM in NE Dallas and still cant pick up this system.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Rowlett / Garland Scanner

Hi. I'm the owner of the Rowlett / Garland Scanner, we actually just had setup our Twitter Account after having issues with them linking it to our Facebook page. We're always looking for Administrators to help us cover, we don't have the adequate amount of personel to monitor Garland, soo much traffic. So we stick to Rowlett & Sachse.

We are in the process of moving to a MotoTRBO System provided by Megahertz Technology to help with communication when on scene of incidents we report to the public.

Feel free to message the page and we'll set a date to meetup and discuss some things regarding the page and walk you through the steps of informing the citizens.

Thanks.

(page link: https://www.facebook.com/RowlettGarlandScanner/)

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Hopper has a good system over at Megahertz. Depending on what he charges you for air time per unit i may join up. I have several Connect Plus portables that will work on the system. The existing system your on according to RR database is way off. The circle of coverage is double what it should be. I was finally able to get some free time and in south garland i barely got a hit on the garland site. Its either low power or the antennas are not high off the ground. Due to the RR DB showing it had way better coverage i kept thinking it was a bogus system or something.
Glad to see your in the process of moving to Megahertz Connect Plus system. It has great coverage.
Keep in touch. At my office in NE Dallas i always monitor Garland FD and sometimes PD.
Just an FYI, i would tread lightly with how you want to approach informing the citizens. At least for a few more months. With Garland in the final steps of setting up their new radio system we dont want to give the powers that be any more ammunition for encryption.
After the system is up and they have switched im all for it. LOL

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I know him from Dallas County REACT.

I think I posted this a while back but I met with the Garland CIO and his team whom are building the new system. They had a presentation for me. Pretty cool. I don't like the idea of full encryption but things happen. When I got to look at the new Rowlett PD APX6000's they didn't have encryption enabled on the talkgroups for the new system, I supposed if I put it into service mode that would've told me if the radios have encryption at all, I don't know why I didn't! But I spoke to the Rowlett Police Chief, PD and FD are going 100% encrypted. Although I'll still get a media report every Tuesday but that doesn't really help the motto of "LIVE" updates.

I rode around with Blake who ran the Rowlett / Sachse Scanner, and took most of my knowledge from him, and have learned a bit since then.

I am awaiting a quote back from the representative at Megahertz, she stated they are making some adjustments and she'll let me know the pricing as soon as she can. We are utilzing Zello for now, which has actually been working pretty good. Just the fact that sometimes my phone cuts out, when I dropped it I think a connection on the antenna was busted and is loose. Haven't had the time to go get it checked out.

Am I able to PM you and get your number? Unless you want to message the page, I don't check up on RR much more.

Thanks. :)

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
PM me is fine. I have no problem with that.
Im not 100% against encryption. I have a friend or two in law enforcement and FD. My personal opinion is that of encrypting sensitive channels is ok. Med channels where patient personal info is relayed, swat, narcotics, crap like that. But day to day dispatch and most secondary channels should be left open.
Just my two cents.
I also think it significantly hinders mutual aid operations. There are more good citizens out there with scanners then bad guys using them for bad deeds.
In fact when i spoke with a couple of officers a few months ago about dallas radios i told them to take advantage of the open ness of their system.
I told them to use mis information if they think criminals are using scanners and rely on their other less known channels to provide the real time info. Guys were like deer in headlights for a few seconds then got big smiles.. LOL

Next time you talk to the sales person at MHZ mention you may have a user or two who own XPR7550 radios with Connect plus boards and licenses enabled and how much it would be for them to add their personal radios to the system.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
And like I said, I agree that the main dispatch channels and such should be in the clear, there are other talkgroups that can be encrypted. I don't know. I'll PM you for your number. :)

Harold

Premium Subscriber
"to help with communication when on scene of incidents we report to the public."

Here in lies a primary reason for encryption.

Don't go to a scene, unless your paid to go.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
"to help with communication when on scene of incidents we report to the public."

Here in lies a primary reason for encryption.

Don't go to a scene, unless your paid to go.

I am paid to go.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Im not, which is why i enjoy listening while in my office and at home. LOL
Im all for a radio network to inform other users to monitor and chat about stuff.
LIke IPN but for locals to chat about incidents.

So is anybody using this airtime system.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
If anybody in NE Dallas, Richardson, Garland, Sachse, Rowlett or Rockwall can help me monitor the Airtime Communications System that made its way to the Dallas county data base id appreciate the help.
Airtime Communications Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies
I am in North East Dallas (work) and programmed this into my BCD436HP with the DMR update. I have successfully monitored many DMR channels and systems and this one is not working for me. Its programmed in as a connect plus system like the page shows, but i also put it in as DMR one channel just to see which channels are active and not a peep out of any of them. Its possible its a lower power system but that wouldnt explain the lack of FCC info or the fact some channels are being shared by a public safety agency or a commercial user.
In fact the more i looked into it the more puzzling it is. I should be in a good location to monitor Richardson and Garland but it doesnt work.
I then did a few quick FCC look ups on some freqs and several come up with no one licensed to the frequency and another was for public safety agency in the same county.

451.4875 comes back to Virgin America out of Love field. This is a channel in the Richardson site.
453.4875 comes back to Souothwest Regional Communications Center which is the public safety frequency used in the Duncanville, Desoto, Cedarhill NXDN system. But it shows as the primary control channel for the connect plus site in Garland. Given they are on opposite sides of the county i still wouldnt see the FCC granting permission for that channel to be used for a radio system in Garland.
I also think one of the frequencys comes back to being licensed to Richardson school district. But the two freques i provided should be enough to ask how this system got set up in the first place. Just my opinion.

So if anybody in the coverage area can see if they can pick up anything let me know.
If i get time over the weekend i may drive around closer to the 2 sites and see if i can pick it up.

Did you ever confirm this system actually exists? I have my doubts since several of the frequencies are public safety and none of the others come back licensed to anything closely resembling this.

And it may be typos, but numerous frequencies aren't even legitimate ones (452.8825 and 452.8325 as examples).

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I was never able to actually pick up the system. From 635 and NW HWY and tried all the way through Plano Rd and Miller.
Used a BCD436HP with a really good VHF/UHF antenna.
I also programmed in the Garland and Richardson Freqs in my Motorola XPR7550 and never got jack on them, that was from the 5th floor facing north at Skillman / Abrams.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I was never able to actually pick up the system. From 635 and NW HWY and tried all the way through Plano Rd and Miller.
Used a BCD436HP with a really good VHF/UHF antenna.
I also programmed in the Garland and Richardson Freqs in my Motorola XPR7550 and never got jack on them, that was from the 5th floor facing north at Skillman / Abrams.

I figured as much. I highly suspect this system never existed...except in someone's twisted mind.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
It's interesting that someone that shows to be a user on the system has responded here and didn't comment on the system at all (good, bad, I don't use it or anything). Almost like they knew it was a fictitious system all along.

Hmm...

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I looked back and it doesn't look like I stated we are on the system. I did state we are in the process of moving to Megahertz Technologies new Hytera System. Also, I don't really get on RR anymore, I occasionally check in and get emails about things. :p

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
I looked back and it doesn't look like I stated we are on the system. I did state we are in the process of moving to Megahertz Technologies new Hytera System. Also, I don't really get on RR anymore, I occasionally check in and get emails about things. :p

I never said it was you, but since you brought it up...

I believe this quote from you...

Hi. I'm the owner of the Rowlett / Garland Scanner,

Along with this entry for the system...

DEC Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
232 T Gar/Row Scan Garland / Rowlett Scanner

Would lead most people to believe you are a user of this system.

But at this point it doesn't really matter. The system doesn't exist so people can stop wasting their time trying to receive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.