AirVenture Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb8cxo

Did anyone successfully monitor the communication channels used for 2007 AirVenture. I read elsewhere they use a trunking system for AirVenture. Last time I listened they were up on 450 analog... Easy to find and listen too and fun too! Just wondering if enough information can be found before buying a new handheld trunking scanner. Thanks, Mike

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Just an FYI - Winnebago County had the MARC repeater switched on for interagency coordination in 2007 and since that is a 140 watt ERP system, it can be heard all over the area. Listen for KFZ899.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
Wittman Field Fire/Rescue

Yesterday was my only day up at EAA. Found much was unchanged from last year. Much of the EAA ops were still on UHF, analog conventional. There were some MotoTRBO digital portables being used around the grounds as well. Time for Uniden to develop a receiver for this mode!

Notably absent was the Wittman Field Airport Rescue and Firefighting crews . In past years, they were on 154.445 (Green fireground). Couldn't find any activity on the other county fire channels. They were playing with a repeater on this freq last year, but coverage was terrible, so I am guessing their repeater moved to another frequency...

Anyone happen to hear them?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.