AL ARNG? (Anniston)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithbc

Can anyone identify 165.1625 (165.165) in the Anniston, AL area? I assume it is the AL Army National Guard operating out of Pelham Range, however I may be incorrect. It almost seems like a linked or repeated version off another comm system. It is a repeater with very strong signal strength, however audio is weak and unreadable, making it seem like they are talking into the mic from a good distance away.

Also, would anyone possibly have any SINCGARS (30-88Mhz) freqs or any other VHF (138-144, 163-174Mhz) freqs for the AL ARNG in the Anniston, AL area?

Thank you much.

trace1

165.16MHz is the frequency and it is used at Ft. McClellan with the AL National Guard. There has been a PL Tone pop up every once in awhile with some transmissions but right now I can't remember what it was.

I've also heard traffic that seems to be from an Air Force Base and they have been known to use Central Time Zone in some of their transmissions, but I have not been able to determine their exact location. And then I've heard what sounds to be another (unknown) agency using this frequency talking about different "docks" etc., haven't been able to tell who they are or where they are. One time the possible AF base was telling these guys that they needed to get off the frequency because it was theirs. These other 2 agencies appear to be "skip", is one reason they sound so far away perhaps.

Be sure to program 150.500MHz where you will also hear some "transportation" radio traffic. That's really all I have for you.

smithbc

165.16MHz is the frequency and it is used at Ft. McClellan with the AL National Guard. There has been a PL Tone pop up every once in awhile with some transmissions but right now I can't remember what it was.

I've also heard traffic that seems to be from an Air Force Base and they have been known to use Central Time Zone in some of their transmissions, but I have not been able to determine their exact location. And then I've heard what sounds to be another (unknown) agency using this frequency talking about different "docks" etc., haven't been able to tell who they are or where they are. One time the possible AF base was telling these guys that they needed to get off the frequency because it was theirs. These other 2 agencies appear to be "skip", is one reason they sound so far away perhaps.

Be sure to program 150.500MHz where you will also hear some "transportation" radio traffic. That's really all I have for you.

Thank you for the info. Earlier today I was able to pick out some callsigns and some of the info they were passing was in fact related to the NCO Academy. Have had the radio on this freq all night long for several nights now determined to catch a piece of intel, and actually heard some chatter around 0220L.

The 150.500MHz has been in my radio for quite some time and as far as I can tell, I think it belongs to the National Guard OCS at the Fort McClellan NGTC. The training schedule on the OCS website is a pretty good indication of when that freq will more than likely be active, especially when they are doing FTXs or late night/early morning road marches.

Thanks again for the info.

smithbc

Just an update:

Searching the band proved to be successful. Not sure if anyone has come up with this one yet, but 163.5625 is also an active freq being used.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.