AL-DPS Montgomery area

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Has anyone besides me noticed that DPS has been transmitting on State net the past 2 days instead of 154.920?. anyone know why?

ooops this appears to be Lowndes County & not AL DPS I m hearing.. It means the state net Patch on the Montgomery TRS isn't working or online yet again

Last edited:

SAR923

Lowndes County seems to use the State Net as their channel to run wants and warrants. You can always tell it Lowndes on swing shift because the dispatcher is....how to say this....semi-literate at best. :)

wwhitby

Feed Provider
I noticed that DPS was dispatching on 155.010 yesterday. It was definately DPS, because of the dispatchers and the call signs.

Also, the NWS 162.400 transmitter was down. I don't know if DPS and NWS share a transmitter site or not.

Warren

oldranger

Public Safety Communications Systems

The systems that different Public Service / Public Safety agencies use in this state are dictated and directed by the manufacturers of this equipment.They tell differernt agencies
what they need.Lots of times they will obsolete equipment they have sold just so they can sell more.The salesmen do a good job of selling this high priced radio and computer equipment.Just think how many police officers and cars could be put on our streets and highways for the cost of all these new bells and whistles.

emcom

In the Huntsville area, I have been picking up NOAA weather radio (162.400) on 154.920 in areas to the northwest and southeast of the tower site within 3 miles or so. Weird. I have a Kenwood 7160 vhf mobile.

SCPD

QRT
154.920 seems to be working as of Sunday afternoon.. That is DPS is back transmitting on it

Status
Not open for further replies.