AL-DPS: Trooper Post Channel Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
To my knowledge, 154.770 was never used by DPS. It was and still might be used by ABC Enforcement.

Mississippi & Tennessee both use it for law enforcement. It's a MS-DOT law enforcement car to car. I have head it used in Tennessee for state law enforcement mutual aid, especially when it is pot chopping time. From my home I hear air units very well when they are in Southern Middle Tennessee.

RJD any idea if 154.770 is in use now? or still waiting to be reused:)

trace1

Just heard Trooper unit in Cleburne Co. on 159.030 with tone of 151.4 talking to J'ville Post.

Steve

morganAL, I hope that is what's happening (finally). It would make this old DPS PCO "happy".

About 44.620, DPS still has that one and 44.780 licensed (even narrowbanded).

Back in the old days, it was "fun" to Dothan Post talking to their cars and then talk to FHP Marianna without ever changing channels (FHP Marianna even talked to Dothan's cars direct on occasions).

puzzleriddle, I have heard ABC units on 154.770 digital (NAC 293 so far) but there is a problem around here. A County SO north of me uses 154.770 as a dispatch repeater output (with DCS). And for some reason, some local units used the frequency as a "chit-chat" channel. Now most chit-chat traffic is on SouthernLinc or cell phones.

RJD, always got a laugh when the local troopers thought they had done something big using Game & Fish as "car to car".

miketodd67

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking the same thing Steve about154.920. It has always been in my file because they use it for
car to car talk around here. But I checked and it was only on 154..9125 I was picking up traffic. I have a trooper that lives down the road from me and pick them up very clear.

did you have a tone for the 154.9125

codeplug

Member, Disabled Veteran, US Army
Alabama State Trooper Frequency Update
Jacksonville State Trooper Post - Dispatch (Base)
The Jacksonville Trooper post is now transmitting on the following frequencies.
Unknown if this is something perminate or temporary.
No PL or DPL used on output yet.
No traffic heard on the new narrow-band freq.'s yet.
The Jacksonville post covers the following counties:
Calhoun, Cherokee, Clay, Cleburne, Etowah, Randolph, St. Clair & Talladega Counties

Output: 158.790 Input: 159.030 Main Dispatch Freq. ( Jacksonville Post )
Output: 154.920 Re-Broadcast from 158.790
Output: 155.505 Re-Broadcast from 158.790

Last edited:

Steve

Sounds just like Jacksonville, use all of the frequencies and "pound" everybody else.

Codeplug, Jacksonville also "covers" the counties that the "old" Gadsden post handled (to my "limited" knowledge there are no PCO's at Gadsden).

BearMan54

Sounds just like Jacksonville, use all of the frequencies and "pound" everybody else.

Codeplug, Jacksonville also "covers" the counties that the "old" Gadsden post handled (to my "limited" knowledge there are no PCO's at Gadsden).

Your right Steve, and they cover DeKalb County too.....

Last edited:

codeplug

Gadsden trooper post used to dispatch their own trooper cars but now all of the dispatch is done at the Jacksonville post.
They still have a post in Gadsden that they use but no dispatching.
I forgot that Dekalb County was dispatched by the Jacksonville post since they do have a transmitter on Lookout Mtn.
I am not sure about Blount County, it may be picked up by another post.
I have also been hearing the Birmingham post talking on 158.790 some.
I just saw the posting in this thread, missed it the first time.
I guess birmingham is doing the same thing the Jacksonville post is doing, using multiple outputs for one location.
I am not sure if they are capable of receiving multiple inputs on the other frequencies but that would be a good
guess that they are now.
The last traffic I heard on the Huntsville post the other day was on 154.920. I am not sure if they are using multiple
frequencies or not.

Last edited:

johndeere7880

Feed Provider
Sounds like some fun figuring out the new DPS updates. Have to redo my toys again, I guess.

RJD, that change may cause some strange things to occur. Guess TVA thinks they can "video patrol" their sites.
i have understand that is what the TVA planing to do (talking About "video patrol" ) that is the way the Huntsville TV Market is talking

codeplug

Just heard Trooper unit in Calhoun Co. on 159.030 with PL tone of 151.4 talking to J'ville Post.
No PL on 158.790.

medic9351301

Banned
according to a trooper friend of mine froom bham post he told me that they handle st.clair county

i just herad a trooper go to a st.clair county wreck on bham post freq

here is a rundown of the dps didspatch centers and locations

troop a [hamiltonpost] non 24 hour
marrion,winston,fayette,lamar counties

troop a [quadcities post]
lauderdale,colbert,franklin counties

troop b [decatur post]
limestone,morgan,morgan,cullman,lawerance coouties

troop b [huntsville post]non 24 hour
madison,marshall,jackson counties]

troop c [birmingham post]
jefferson,blount,shelby,st.clair,walker,

troop d [tuscaloosa post]
tuscaloosa,bibb,pickens,greene,sumter

troop d [selema post]
dallas, perry,wilcox,marengo,hale

troop e [jacksonville post]
calhoun,cleburne,clay,talladega,reandolph,etowah,cherokee,delkab,

troop e [gadsden post] feild office no radio room

troop g [montgomery post]
autuga,chilton,elmore,lowndes,montgomery,

troop g [alex city post ] non 24
tallapoosa,coosa

troop g [opelika post]
chambers,lee,russell,macon

troop i [mobile post]
baldwin,mobile

troop j [evergreen post]
buttler,conecuh,covington,crenshaw,escambia,monroe

troop j [grove hill] non 24 hour
clarke,choctaw,washington,

troop k [dothan post]
bullock,coffee.dale,geneva, henry,houston

troop k [eufula post] non 24 hour
bullock,barbour,pike

morganAL

Look for narrowband in the near future. I talked to one of the radio techs a few days ago and it is coming. They are having to touch every DPS car in the state to reprogram the 800 mobile extended and someone managed to have enough foresight to say "We should narrowband at the same time!".

trace1

Heard 159.030 in Calhoun Co. area with tone of 151.4 again. Caught the same tone a few days ago with a unit in Cleburne Co.

Steve

morganAL, did the State tech say or mention the reason for reprogramming the extenders?
Just curious if it is due to rebanded or if they were/are changing 800 frequencies or maybe updating the extender system.

morganAL

They are reprogramming the extenders (and walkies used with them) because of rebanding.

morganAL, did the State tech say or mention the reason for reprogramming the extenders?
Just curious if it is due to rebanded or if they were/are changing 800 frequencies or maybe updating the extender system.

bee

Turned off of 247 just past the Colbert County line, onto Coondog Cemetery road.

After about a 1/8 mile there was a Chevy Blazer (with out any markings) (I believe to be Gray in color) had a white car pulled over.

The Blazer had blue lights flashing and the person in the Blazer, had what appered to be a black or dark blue uniform on and appeard to be writing a ticket. He waved me on around.

I did not hear any radio traffic about this "stop". I was just wondering what kind of law enforcment officer, he might have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.