AL-DPS: Trooper Post Channel Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

bee, I maybe be wrong but Motor Carrier Safety troopers use the grey or silver Chevy Tahoes or Blazers with no markings here around East Central AL. Also the MCS troopers around here wear navy blue BDU uniforms more and more.
But I also know of a Highway Patrol sergeant that was driving a Ford Explorer with no markings grey in color in this area so sergeants and "special" road troopers maybe driving unmarks more now.

bee

I was told by a person that lives in that area (yesterday) that it was an Al State Trooper, and that they do use an unmarked gray blazer.

He also stated that the Troopers, also use other unmarked vehicals, in that area.

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring#
Alabama State Trooper Frequency Update
Huntsville State Trooper Post - Dispatch (Base)
The Huntsville Trooper post now appears to be transmitting on the following frequencies.
No PL or DPL used on output yet.

Output: 154.920 Input: 155.445 Main Dispatch Freq. (Huntsville Post)
Output: 158.790 Input: Re-Broadcast from 154.920
Output: 155.505 Input: Re-Broadcast from 154.920
Output: 44.620 Input: 44.620 Unknown Use

I just heard the Huntsvlle State trooper post transmitting on both 154.920 & 158.790 at the same time.
I just heard them a few times on 158.790 calling trooper cars and giving out info.
The were using Huntsville State as their radio ID.
I looked on the FCC DB and found them list as the same freq.'s as the Jacksonville post
with the exception of one additional freq. of 44.620.
Call sign; KIB513, apparently they are doing the same as the Jacksonville post is doing.

Anyone in Huntsville that can verify this info just in case I missed something.

Last edited:

bama9999

I have a question similar to Bee's. Day before yesterday, my son and mother came through some type of roadblock near Hamilton, and the Officers seemed to be concentrating strictly on commercial trucks. What I found odd is that both of them mentioned the law enforcement cars were white and had the words "State Police" on them. I know Alabama has State Troopers, but I've never heard of Alabama having State Police, other than I think the Capitol police "may" be referred to as State Capitol Police sometimes.

Anyone have any idea about these units? Has Alabama recently created a State Police agency?

Steve

bama9999, that sounds like either the Public Service Commission or Revenue Department enforcement units. Those two agencies enforce commercial truck laws along with the Troopers' Motor Carrier Safety unit. Those agencies and others that have enforcement units are referred to as "Alabama State Police". PSC, RD, ABC, LP Gas Board and other agencies that have "law enforcement" people generally will wear clothing with either "State Police" or "Alabama State Police" . At least they did when I was with the Troopers 6 years ago.

RadShackFan

The Revenue Officers drive white Dodge Chargers with "State Police" on them. There are 12 of them stationed in various parts of the state. Three of them are right here in Montgomery. They focus mainly on commercial trucks, vehicle registration and off-road (tax free) diesel fuel violations instead of running radar and investigating accidents.

Last edited by a moderator:

puzzleriddle

I have been picking this up alot here on the South side lately always will be 2 or tx with a PL of 141.3 and its gone. its strong signal & sounds like simplex ( car to car).

bama9999

Thanks for the info guys. They were white Chargers, so obviously they were the Revenue Officers. I knew it was something that I wasn't familiar with.

medic9351301

Banned
puzzle:
you might be hearing fairfeild fire on 155.490 with a pl of 141.3
it is a repeater system though list for headquaters to e-1 rescue 1
they dont have a tone alert though
also according to the fcc there is not a freq in alabama for 155.4875

big_irish_99

Does anyone know what the intials DFM means hears here in cherokee county running someone who had warrants on them he also stated he communictaed with montgomery and they told him the subject had warrants his call number was DFM-24

big_irish_99

I thought that 2 but when i worked at the Sheriffs Office up here iv never hear them on the radio other the southern linc which i hate

Steve

Looks like the DPS 800MHz side has started to change also. The TRS site on Mt Cheaha has a new frequency: 854.5375 LCN-2 (so far). Maybe hard to map out the "new" set-up since the site is used very little. The other two new frequencies are 855.2625 and 855.9375. These three new frequencies along with the five original frequencies are under callsign WPBE573.
Also "new" frequency of 854.6875 (809.6875) is now licensed with 859.4875 (814.4875) under WNQC513 and WPAH205, so 854.6875 "maybe" a new extender frequency. Or it may replace 859.4875.
Guess it is time to break out an extra radio and start "really" mapping out the DPS changes this summer.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I noticed tonight that Evergreen State Trooper Cars are running a 107.2 tone with 155.445. Today I watched a Alabama Trooper Motorcycle pull over a car on a state highway inside city limits. The motorcycle trooper never called Evergreen State with the tag info. He typed all the info on the lap top computer mounted on the back of his motorcycle. While I was watching this another trooper zoomed past the 1st and caught someone else a few hundred yards away from the first. Again. I nver heard the tag info. Click It Or Ticket is going on in the State right now. This was the first time I have ever seen a motorcycle used by the State Troopers in Alabama. So you never know who may be looking at you. Even if you can't hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.