Alabama DCNR / Marine Resources Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadave

In Baldwin County on AIRS, talkgroup 28201 has sparse communications with "10-41" and "10-42" traffic, references to moving their boats, and the "Gulf Shores Office." This sounds like it could be the Marine Resources Division of the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Has anyone else got confirmation on this TG?

medic9351301

Banned
the Marine Police call signs have the same prefix letter - "C" in Birmingham's case - followed by a 900 series number, i.e. c -924

Brentorious

In Baldwin County on AIRS, talkgroup 28201 has sparse communications with "10-41" and "10-42" traffic, references to moving their boats, and the "Gulf Shores Office." This sounds like it could be the Marine Resources Division of the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Has anyone else got confirmation on this TG?
I will put this talk group in and see what I can figure out.

Brentorious

I haven’t heard anything yet but the season down here for them has pretty well ended I think. I saw one of their pickups pulling one of their vessels north on the BE.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
the Marine Police call signs have the same prefix letter - "C" in Birmingham's case - followed by a 900 series number, i.e. c -924

Marine Police were transferred from ALDCNR to what is now ALEA back when state law enforcement from various agencies were consolidated. ALEA brought back the Troop letter plus 900 series from the AL-DPS days. Marine Police were always on the DPS radio system for dispatch even before the merger. Their radios were (are?) programmed with AL-DPS & Conservation frequencies..

Game/Conservation officers (now dispatched by the Alabama Forestry Commission) had enough pull to resist and still belong to ALDCNR.

ALDCNR does still maintain some enforcement duties within the Marine Resources Division. More than likely, that's what is on AIRS, talkgroup 28201.

Status
Not open for further replies.