Alabama Interoperable Radio System (was: Alabama First Responder Network)

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
I have been listing to Gardendale PD on AFRN network since they moved but I recently came across 2 close call hits on my BCD996xt while driving through town and it was Gardendale PD. 801.???? & 811.3625 neither of these are listed in any database for any system. My BCD996XT decoded the date and I could hear them talking. Any idea whats going on here?

Last edited:

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
Input freqs you must have been close to the unit or base transmitted
Didn't think about that! Thanks

Input frequencies are very useful for event monitoring. A scanner that tracked inputs would be nice for big systems. For example, a close call hit or monitored input frequency programmed as conventional would automatically pair the output frequency and talkgroup of the system monitored.

Abmahaffey

I just reprogrammed my scanner for the AFRN for these and other agency's last night. i havent heard, coner, trafford, canecreek, morris or kimberly yet but maybe they havent had a call yet?
These are the frequencies I have programmed for the Warrior Site675C62CD-2DC8-43C8-860A-D026252ED9AE.jpeg

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
For months I’ve had the following programmed for warrior AFRN. They’re just the freqs from the old system and it’s been receiving just fine.

Have you submitted this info to be add to the database?

BHAMalan

Is anyone one the western side of Jefferson Co able to help out with this?
I'm getting 856.31250 as SYS ID 46B, Site 027
This is the cc for the Providence site on the old Jeffco system.
I'm picking up talkgroups
941 Vestavia PD Disp
2665 Homewood PD Tac
3073 Birmingham FD Disp
3077 Birmingham FD Tac 1
3295 Birmingham BD Ch 10

N4LX

Although I have been unable to receive that control channel from my station in Cullman, it appears to be a new AFRN Providence site that is not yet in the database. The Jefferson County Simulcast AFRN site is now reporting a neighbor site 4.27 with control channel 856.31250.

eddiemax

I've programmed all these sites as P25 to monitor JeffCo Ch2 Bessemer/River cars and the fire departments in Western JeffCo.

JeffCo Ch2 and Ch3 are often patched together, so the simulcast site is handy for listening at those times. I'm most likely receiving the Rock Mountain simulcast site since it's line of sight from my house on a hill in Rock Creek.

eddiemax

That means there are no radios on that Talkgroup affiliated to that tower.

Providence and Gilmore are listed on the JeffCo public service system. They aren't on the AFRN system. At times, you'll hear all Ch. 2 traffic on them and at others they are silent while Ch. 2 traffic can be heard on the AFRN simulcast.

JeffCo Public Svs. sites

AFRN JeffCo simumcast

Last edited:

medic9351301

Banned
i see that the poarch creek indians have a couple talkgroups in the latest updates.
can anyone verify if this is correct and if itd in the clear and phase 1 or 2 .asking for a friend

medic9351301

Banned
thanks and with it being close to baldwin county pd is prob encp.
cause i think all law is encrypted . mike keep me posted sir