Alabama Interoperable Radio System (was: Alabama First Responder Network)

N4LX

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the Marshall County AIRS site is online. I am receiving a control channel from Cullman on 769.55625 reporting call sign WRKX345 with alternate control channel of 770.10625, site 3.1 NAC 460. Based on the way the frequencies are licensed, I'm guessing it's simulcast. No voice traffic yet. I'll get it submitted for inclusion in the database.

N4LX

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the Marshall County AIRS site is online. I am receiving a control channel from Cullman on 769.55625 reporting call sign WRKX345 with alternate control channel of 770.10625, site 3.1 NAC 460. Based on the way the frequencies are licensed, I'm guessing it's simulcast. No voice traffic yet. I'll get it submitted for inclusion in the database.
That should be NAC 461.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
While in Chilton County recently, I picked up a new talkgroup, 44057, while monitoring the Chilton County towers. It had traffic on there such as "scene clear" and "i'll be out at the annex." I'm not sure what it was.

KG4DRF

Heard testing yesterday on TGID 33625. From location (s) given, they were in the central and southern part of county checking for dead spots. Do not know what agency but was not radio maintenance crew.

N4LX

Premium Subscriber
I have been able to confirm the five frequencies for the Marshall County Simulcast site, which is now in the database:

1-1208 769.55625 CC
1-1296 770.10625 SCC
1-1364 770.53125
1-1588 771.93125
1-1632 772.20625
1-1716 772.73125

The control channel is not yet broadcasting a neighbors list. All the traffic I've logged over the last week or so has been Phase 1. I've seen encrypted traffic on talkgroup 455 (Radio and Range Testing) and unencrypted calls on talkgroups 33625, 33626 and 33631.

I have observed the control channel sending traffic to one additional frequency that I didn't list: 772.20625. Initially I thought it was an anomaly; that frequency does not appear on WRKX345 with the others and the only license I have found for that frequency in Alabama is WQQA287, which belongs to the city of Oxford. However, DSD+ and Unitrunker agree that this activity continues to appear regularly on the conteol channel, although I have yet to actually log any followed traffic on 772.20625.

The decoding has been good from Cullman so I'll continue to monitor for mew developmemts.

I believe state troopers do a protection unit for the governor, can anyone point me to if they will be on a trunked system? If so which one? I feel like I have seen the units radio info before but cannot find it now, thank you for any help

medic9351301

Banned
you cant heat them. they are using a push to talk service. prob still tech southern linc. may have went to first net. or they could be using a cell . the capitol police may use the mongtomery system. they provide the security at the massion in montgomery. the gov was doing a press confrence and she was getting heckled . the trooper beside her pulled out what looked like a cell phone. you could hear him talking . how ever there were no key up beeps or chirps. when the gov travels a lot of agencies are involved . so i guess tech any agency or county she is in has a hand involved. plus its almost a sure bet it will be encrypted .

you cant heat them. they are using a push to talk service. prob still tech southern linc. may have went to first net. or they could be using a cell . the capitol police may use the mongtomery system. they provide the security at the massion in montgomery. the gov was doing a press confrence and she was getting heckled . the trooper beside her pulled out what looked like a cell phone. you could hear him talking . how ever there were no key up beeps or chirps. when the gov travels a lot of agencies are involved . so i guess tech any agency or county she is in has a hand involved. plus its almost a sure bet it will be encrypted .
Ok thank you so much for the help

RadShackFan

Capitol Police was taken over by the Troopers in 2000/2001, before ALEA came to pass in 2015. There aren't any of the original Capitol Police Officers left. (They had their own job classification, and Police Chief.) Most retired when the Troopers took them over in 2000/2001. Their dispatchers became "PCOs" and a couple of them are still around dispatching at the Montgomery Headquarters Post.

The Capitol complex, and the state buildings, are now the responsibility of the Troopers. The ones on patrol and the ones at the Governors Mansion are uniformed Troopers. There is one posted in the hallway near the Governors office.

She has a personal security detail that normally wears civilian clothes.

All of them use "PS" call signs. They do have a couple of frequencies listed for them, but you can hear them on 154.920 in Montgomery.

If RadioJon is around he should be able to confirm this information. It was correct when I moved out of Montgomery and into Auburn.

medic9351301

Banned
Capitol Police was taken over by the Troopers in 2000/2001, before ALEA came to pass in 2015. There aren't any of the original Capitol Police Officers left. (They had their own job classification, and Police Chief.) Most retired when the Troopers took them over in 2000/2001. Their dispatchers became "PCOs" and a couple of them are still around dispatching at the Montgomery Headquarters Post.

The Capitol complex, and the state buildings, are now the responsibility of the Troopers. The ones on patrol and the ones at the Governors Mansion are uniformed Troopers. There is one posted in the hallway near the Governors office.

All of them use "PS" call signs. They do have a couple of frequencies listed for them, but you can hear them on 154.920 in Montgomery.

If RadioJon is around he should be able to confirm this information. It was correct when I moved out of Montgomery and into Auburn.

that is right about the personal security cause when the incident happened in my previous post (727). He was in a suit. also from what i seen none of them had the classic undercover ear piece in . just what looked like a cell phone .

Thank you so much, I appreciate it and hopefully I’ll catch something

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.

It's been awhile! I feel fairly certain that Protective Services, hence the "PS" call sign, would still utilize local Highway Patrol post communications frequencies when needed. Even back in the DPS days, we would seldom hear anything from them when a governor or other dignitary was in the area. PCOs and local staff would be made aware of visits back then though.

0n a side note, one of my most memorial assignments as a PCO (Police Communication Officer) training team member was spending a week of midnight shifts in the Capitol Police Communications Center after DPS acquired the agency. As stated, they joined DPS as PCOs. Great learning experience for me from a great bunch of new co-workers!

Either E sadly or they just got off of it, if that’s the case then I would think they will get on it at some point, right now it was still just a patch and weren’t really using it, I am close to the area, I’ll check it out today

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Either E sadly or they just got off of it, if that’s the case then I would think they will get on it at some point, right now it was still just a patch and weren’t really using it, I am close to the area, I’ll check it out today

I'm not familiar with all the various models of Uniden and Whistler scanners out there today, but on my old PSR-500, encrypted P-25 talkgroups will still show up with the digital encryption noise.

Let us know what you find. If I was closer, I'd run a monitoring utility to see what the control channel shows.

I'm not familiar with all the various models of Uniden and Whistler scanners out there today, but on my old PSR-500, encrypted P-25 talkgroups will still show up with the digital encryption noise.

Let us know what you find. If I was closer, I'd run a monitoring utility to see what the control channel shows.
They are not E.. I heard the shutdown on I-65 today, not sure if they were testing it or what, but I received them fine with no encryption noise on my pager which doesn’t mute it

johnlotrean

They are not E.. I heard the shutdown on I-65 today, not sure if they were testing it or what, but I received them fine with no encryption noise on my pager which doesn’t mute it
i been hearing them too. then they just go away for a few days. Chilton co. fire still comes in everyday and also the local school bus too