Alabama HP 38 Dothan on Dothan Public Safety P25 Link Talkgrp

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I have collected. I am using a XTS 5000 to listen in trunking scan mode unaffiliated and I know that Dothan HP uses a Link on the Dothan P25 Network when I was scanning the channels in a conventional fashion I have heard the AL 38 Dothan Disp and the HP Callsign bee on the Dothan network. If anyone has the Talk group ID in Hex or Dec that would be great and if you have any corrections to my list that would help as well.

HCSO Disp 5951 173F
HCSO CID 1 47113 B809
HCSO CID 2 48817 BEB1
Houston Co. EMS 98 62
Houston Co. Fire 106 6A
Houston Co. EMA 6036 1794
Houston Co. V.F.D 1955 7A3

Dothan Police Dispatch 5351 14E7
Dothan PD CID 1 FULLY ENCRYPTED 5353 14E9
Dothan PD CID 2 FULLY ENCRYPTED 29200 7210
Dothan PD NACR FULLY ENCRYPTED 5966 174E
ALT Police Dispatch 2500 9C4

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Daniel here is what I know: Alabama State Troopers use 155.445 along with some more frequencies. The
modulation is NFM and it is not trunking. Their call since I have been listening (early sixties) has been "Dothan State" and
I just heard them a few minutes ago. Houston County Sherriff's call again since the early sixties has been "Thirty Eight", the
number for Houston county on car tags. For years Houston SO used a 4 channel LTR system. Weather damaged some towers
and they transfered to City of Dothan's 800 system. Houston County Fire and Rescue for years operated on the state fire frequency
and towers. They transfered to MetroLink NDXN system which is a UHF (450-460) system. It seems to me that you have radios, groups
from 2 systems mixed together, City of Dothan and MetroLink NDXN. These are in the RR database.
Houston Co. Fire 106 6A This group 106 on MertoLink's system
Houston Co. V.F.D 1955 7A3 This is radio 1955 (Dispatch) in the group 106 on MetroLink's system
This may have some errors but my memory now ain't what it used to be.

Mil

Thanks for the update. Your right that is the normal dispatch frequency 155.445. But when i was listening to the Dispatch on the analog frequency she could not year the car and said she will us what she called the "LINK" and I was also conventional scan the Dothan P25 frequency and I heard the same lady on the 800Mhz saying Dothan State clear like she does on analog and later the call sign bee on the 800mhz. I know they dont use Dothan's P25 for normal Dispatch or car to car in the area but I was wondering if anyone knew what the LINK talk group was that the HP uses when they have bad radio connection.

Thanks

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Probably "Southernlinc or Southern Linc" cell phone provider.

I don't know what callsign bee means, but Dothan's radio system has an WACN of BEE09.
WACN stands for Wide Area Communications Network. In Project 25, the System ID identifies the system (for a given network). One or more systems may be joined into a network of systems. The WACN identifies the network.

Just some thoughts.

Mil

What I mean by the Bee that was my spell check. I mean beep the mores code of the call sign the 38 Dothan HP uses. From how I read you replay are you thinking they are roaming on the Dothan P25 Network maybe from the AIRS network? All I heard was the analog VHF HP frequency talking to a car unit and they couldn't hear them so she said she is going to contact them with the LINK and that's when I heard her come over the ASTRO P25 network in digital that why I was wondering if they have a Talkgroup for the HP in Dothan for those situations where the analog frequency is not reaching the car unit.

medic9351301

Banned
I was under the impression that we can not receive Southern Link, I have the 436 .

you cannot unless its patched or feed into a radio system via a controller . a cross band repeater .

" Crossband (cross-band, cross band) operation is a method of telecommunication in which a radio station receives signals on one frequency and simultaneously transmits on another for the purpose of full duplex communication or signal relay"

dallascowboys

you cannot unless its patched or feed into a radio system via a controller . a cross band repeater .

" Crossband (cross-band, cross band) operation is a method of telecommunication in which a radio station receives signals on one frequency and simultaneously transmits on another for the purpose of full duplex communication or signal relay"
Ok thanks, than should I have Southern Link programed into the scanner ?

medic9351301

Banned
NO CAUSE YOU WILL NOT HEAR NOTHING , NO SCANNER CAN DECODE THE EMMISSON TYPE.
I DONT EVEN THINK A PRPFFESIONAL SERVICE MONITOR CAN BUT AGAIN I COULD BE WRONG .
NOT YELLING AT YOU MY EYES ARE GIVING ME TROUBLE TODAY DALLAS .

dallascowboys

NO CAUSE YOU WILL NOT HEAR NOTHING , NO SCANNER CAN DECODE THE EMMISSON TYPE.
I DONT EVEN THINK A PRPFFESIONAL SERVICE MONITOR CAN BUT AGAIN I COULD BE WRONG .
NOT YELLING AT YOU MY EYES ARE GIVING ME TROUBLE TODAY DALLAS .
ok thanks for the info, hope your eyes get better have a great day.

BOBGREG

On the Dothan P25 System try TGID 6053 It is referred to as the inter agency channel I think. They have radios in Alabama Counties that touch Houston County ( like Henry, Dale Geneva ) and neighboring Counties in Georgia and Florida. Radio Check usually done at 4 AM on Thursdays mornings. .

Status
Not open for further replies.