Alabama State Troopers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimHSV

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have been having problems picking up here in Huntsville about any STATE TROOPERS base/cars?
Have these been converted to "digital" yet or does anyone have any suggestions? I have a GRE PSR-300 and have a R/S 800MHz antenna.

Thank You,

Tim

SCPD

QRT
Hello,

I have been having problems picking up here in Huntsville about any STATE TROOPERS base/cars?
Have these been converted to "digital" yet or does anyone have any suggestions? I have a GRE PSR-300 and have a R/S 800MHz antenna.

Thank You,

Tim
All you need is in the RR database, nothing is digital YET.. well you may hear some ( very litle ) on the Mobiles freqs

KG4ERN

trouble

Im having the same trouble Kinda....... I can hear the base no problem.... But the mobiles, I can't hear at all. Weird........ I have even drove to one of the local ridge tops to try my luck..

KG4ERN

DARRELL

Premium Subscriber
Alabama State Troopers in the Huntsville area DO NOT use digital radios. State Troopers do not use repeaters like almost all of the area law enforcement agencies utilize. Therefore, you have to be in the area of the patrol car or at a high elevation to receive the patrol cars' radio traffic. It is important to realize that the radio operator you hear may also be talking to troopers in other counties. The Huntsville Post dispatches troopers in Madison, Marshall, and Jackson Counties. Therefore, the trooper answering or speaking to the dispatcher may be up to 60 or more miles from you. The cars are equipped with mobile vehicle repeaters. These are low watt units for use with the troopers' hand held radio. Hopefully this will help you to understand why you are not hearing all the radio traffic from state troopers.

bee

It is my belief that "DARRELL's" information is correct. Because, and, as far as I know, that is the same situation at the "Quad cities" post.

trace1

The Jacksonville Post covers several counties as well and I don't hear the mobiles much at all unless they are in close vicinity to where I'm at.

I've actually heard the "mobile extender" (800MHz range) a few times, so they were real close by.

KG4ERN

Interesting....

Alabama State Troopers in the Huntsville area DO NOT use digital radios. State Troopers do not use repeaters like almost all of the area law enforcement agencies utilize. Therefore, you have to be in the area of the patrol car or at a high elevation to receive the patrol cars' radio traffic. It is important to realize that the radio operator you hear may also be talking to troopers in other counties. The Huntsville Post dispatches troopers in Madison, Marshall, and Jackson Counties. Therefore, the trooper answering or speaking to the dispatcher may be up to 60 or more miles from you. The cars are equipped with mobile vehicle repeaters. These are low watt units for use with the troopers' hand held radio. Hopefully this will help you to understand why you are not hearing all the radio traffic from state troopers.

Interesting.... This makes sense to me now. Thanks for the info

BamaScan

Try this:
Pair these two together and program no delay
158.790 Alabama State Trooper Base
159.030 Alabama State Trooper Car
Or
Pair these two together with no delay
155.505 Alabama State Trooper Base
or
154.920 Alabama State Trooper Base
155.445 Alabama State Trooper Car

I am not sure what pair they may be using in your area. They will be using one of the pair above for car and base. Car to Car can uses simplex. So don't disregard the frequency if you can't hear it. From my location I can hear on the base frequency Mobile State, Dothan State, Evergreen State and Montgomery State. You will get use to the voices on the dispatch frequency over time and know what base is tallking. Just remember to program all of them with no delay, or you will miss something if the car is close. Also have 155.475 Nationwide law programed in for simplex use. This is were you will find the troopers the most of the time. They can use your county Sheriff frequency as well. They can also use the new tatical frequencies as well. 159.210 and 154.815. Most of what you will hear is common radio traffic. All of the Good Stuff is on Southern Lincs that you will not be able to hear.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
Try this:
Pair these two together and program no delay
158.790 Alabama State Trooper Base
Or
155.505 Alabama State Trooper Base
or
154.920 Alabama State Trooper Base
155.445 Alabama State Trooper Car

I am not sure what pair they may be using in your area. They will be using one of the pair above for car and base. Car to Car can uses simplex. So don't disregard the frequency if you can't hear it. From my location I can hear on the base frequency Mobile State, Dothan State, Evergreen State and Montgomery State. You will get use to the voices on the dispatch frequency over time and know what base is tallking. Just remember to program all of them with no delay, or you will miss something if the car is close. Also have 155.475 Nationwide law programed in for simplex use. This is were you will find the troopers the most of the time. They can use your county Sheriff frequency as well. They can also use the new tatical frequencies as well. 159.210 and 154.815. Most of what you will hear is common radio traffic. All of the Good Stuff is on Southern Lincs that you will not be able to hear.

All right except 155.505 which is a one frequency simplex (base and car on one freq - no repeater).

musicman1260

The Huntsville Post dispatches on 154.92,The Decatur Post which Covers Morgan,Lawrence,Limestone And Cullman Dispatch on 158.79 and the Limestone county units use 159.03 as their car to base freq,sometimes they will use the dispatch freq as well.Also look for multi use freqs like in 155.0100,North Alabama Net so all agencies can use one freq.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.