Alachua County ShandsCair Trunked TGIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
Today I noticed two new TGIDS pop up on the Alachua County TRS.

Based on recordings from ID Tracker both had ShandsCair staff conducting radio checks around Shands Hospital and the community. 35376 Seems to be their primary TGID based on all of the traffic going across it on unitrunker. 35440 was ID'd during a radio check as "TAC 2". I'm speculating these TGIDs will be used to coordinate ground transport from the new "free standing" Shands ER on 39th to the main hospital off Archer RD should a patient need to be admitted.

My hope is that all dispatch/paging for flight ops will also be dispatched over one of these TGs as well. From where I am in the county I only get the helo side of TXs.

Anyone else out there hearing the radio traffic or have any insight? Ill keep the thread updated as I get more concrete information when/if the TGs become more active.

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
Here is an update based from what I have heard over the past couple of days:

35376 is being used primarily by ShandsCair ground transport units. Most of the traffic I have heard is regarding transporting patients to surrounding facilities or from the Springhill ED to Shands UF for direct admits. No tone outs for helos or helo traffic in general has been heard on this TG. I have also heard Flight control doing roll call/radio checks with the neonatal team. No further traffic has been heard on 35440. Also of note TGID 33904 (ACFR Fire 10) is now being used by ACFR rescue units to give report to the Shands Springhill ED.

whooey

Here is an update based from what I have heard over the past couple of days:

35376 is being used primarily by ShandsCair ground transport units. Most of the traffic I have heard is regarding transporting patients to surrounding facilities or from the Springhill ED to Shands UF for direct admits. No tone outs for helos or helo traffic in general has been heard on this TG. I have also heard Flight control doing roll call/radio checks with the neonatal team. No further traffic has been heard on 35440. Also of note TGID 33904 (ACFR Fire 10) is now being used by ACFR rescue units to give report to the Shands Springhill ED.

Good work, I have not heard any traffic on ACFR 10.

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! Im not getting much on ACFR 10 either... ID Tracker has recorded some traffic from ACFR Rescue units giving report but its few and far between.

Although Springhill is fully capable of receiving many patients who are being transported to Shands UF (except STEMI Alerts, Stroke Alerts, and Trauma Alerts) I'm thinking that its going to take some time before ACFR fully utilizes this resource. (Its brand new... just opened on Aug 1st) Over the next few months I expect to hear more traffic over that channel.

Good work, I have not heard any traffic on ACFR 10.

whooey

That shandscair ground channel you found is quite busy! Please let us know if you discover anymore, I need to set my HP-1 to search more often. :)

airems

Thanks! Im not getting much on ACFR 10 either... ID Tracker has recorded some traffic from ACFR Rescue units giving report but its few and far between.

Although Springhill is fully capable of receiving many patients who are being transported to Shands UF (except STEMI Alerts, Stroke Alerts, and Trauma Alerts) I'm thinking that its going to take some time before ACFR fully utilizes this resource. (Its brand new... just opened on Aug 1st) Over the next few months I expect to hear more traffic over that channel.

A lot of EMS to Hospital reports are given over cellphones anymore. Just as easy to dial the phone and keep it off the air.

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
I need to set my HP-1 to search more often. :)

Definitely! New TGs pop up from time to time on the system and there are a handful that aren't in the RR database.

I always have my "wildcard" TGID enabled. My setup uses a PSR500 controlled with ID Tracker III software. Whenever im not actively listening to my scanner I have basically everything turned off except for the "wildcard." As new groups are discovered that are not programed into the scanner the traffic is recorded. I play it back later and try to figure it out the TG's use. Can you set your home patrol record unknown talkgroups for review later?

I also run Unitrunker 24x7 and keep the labels updated so when I get a hit on ID tracker I can look at my unitrunker logs and see if known radios are affiliating to the new group. This makes pinning down ownership and use a whole lot easier.

A lot of EMS to Hospital reports are given over cellphones anymore. Just as easy to dial the phone and keep it off the air.

I cant speak for other counties, but as for Alachua county, EMS-Hospital report is given over the radio. ACFR/GFR use the 800mhz system and surrounding counties use the UHF "MED" channels for giving report. (ex. "MED 62" 463.1375 for ShandsUF). Report for patients coming in by air via ShandsCair, Trauma One, Air Methods, etc. is done over the ShandsCair analog frequency. Unless there is a radio failure cell phones are not the norm for calling report here.

airems

Yep, the HP has a discovery mode as well. Its nice to let it run. It will record the audio from the TG thats not in the database. You can also set it to "ID Search on" under normal scanning operations and it will indicate any non-database TG. I just wish it had better "ears" on P25 systems. It does awesome on EDACS and Type II.

Any rumblings of Alachua County going to P25 anytime soon?

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
Any rumblings of Alachua County going to P25 anytime soon?

I haven't heard anything about the county going P25. Although, just the other day while playing around with the RTL SDR I found a P25 control channel on 853.1875. (A quick FCC search shows the Alachua County Sheriff's Office does have a license for this frequency WPTC649)

I watched it with unitrunker a little bit, seems to simulcast some of the traffic from the Type II system.

As to not derail this thread, Ive started a new thread about it here:

http://forums.radioreference.com/fl...n-forum/273766-alachua-county-p25-system.html

Take a look, im curious to see what other people think...

whooey

Yes, like the other poster said, the HP-1 has trunking discovery mode. Let it run all night to find TG's not already programmed.

I just heard ACFR 10, a rescue hit them accidently trying to reach Shands, they did in fact say this was Spring Hill. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.