Alachua/ Gainesville GRUCom P25 (4D9.BEE00)

KO4IPV

IN Florida database>System Name= Gainesville Alachua < there is a special note about banding what is this ? and it would be Alachua county. I have made a new favorites list from this county with the SDS100 ,not hearing anything??????

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
IN Florida database>System Name= Gainesville Alachua < there is a special note about banding what is this ? and it would be Alachua county. I have made a new favorites list from this county with the SDS100 ,not hearing anything??????

i believe the system you programmed has been decommissioned >>>> Gainesville / Alachua County Trunking System, Gainesville, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

the replacement / new system is here >> Alachua County - Gainesville Regional Utilities (GRUCom Project 25) System Trunking System, Gainesville, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

let me know if that helps!

if you can confirm that the old system is indeed no longer on the air - please submit to have it removed via the "SUBMIT" button!

thanks!

doug

KO4IPV

i believe the system you programmed has been decommissioned >>>> ttps://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=195

the replacement / new system is here >> Alachua County - Gainesville Regional Utilities (GRUCom Project 25) System Trunking System, Gainesville, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

let me know if that helps!

if you can confirm that the old system is indeed no longer on the air - please submit to have it removed via the "SUBMIT" button!

thanks!

doug
thank you that explains it

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
This system is no longer in use. Traffic has been migrated to the P25 system. Ill submit a request to have it removed.

To answer your question.

That is a note from many years ago when the 800mhz spectrum was reorganized by the FCC when cell companies migrated to other parts of spectrum. (There is a way more complex version of this answer if you want to do a deep dive Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki)

KO4IPV

This system is no longer in use. Traffic has been migrated to the P25 system. Ill submit a request to have it removed.

To answer your question.

That is a note from many years ago when the 800mhz spectrum was reorganized by the FCC when cell companies migrated to other parts of spectrum. (There is a way more complex version of this answer if you want to do a deep dive Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki)

To answer your question.

how long does this take to revise that system after you report ?

KO4IPV

Thankyou for your expertise in this matter really appreciate it , there is not much to listen to in my area fixing that really made my day.
Can you please help me here ? After the update is made do I need to update the master database in Sentinel software first before making new favorites list for Gainesville/ Alachua county ?

KO4IPV

working with the SDS100/ programmed Gainesville /Alachua P25 Upgraded system I dont here any thing are there any special settings my scanner should be on ? NAC setting ? Perhaps ? or The Decimal-Hex Setting something I am not doing or doing incorrect . I am 25 miles South of Ocala I receive Putnam county just fine all conventional.

trooper890

I am 25 miles South of Ocala I receive Putnam county just fine all conventional.

You're probably approaching 50 miles to the nearest GRUCOM site, there's no way on a handheld. Running an outside antenna? If not, I don't think you'll get reliable 800mhz signal at that distance. Even with one that's a tall order. VHF is a breeze compared to 800 simulcast.

KO4IPV

You're probably approaching 50 miles to the nearest GRUCOM site, there's no way on a handheld. Running an outside antenna? If not, I don't think you'll get reliable 800mhz signal at that distance. Even with one that's a tall order. VHF is a breeze compared to 800 simulcast.
Ok i’ve been very confused because I get Puttman County which is same distance but all conventional comes in loud and clear and when I program Gainesville which is just west of Putman.P25 phase ll I hear absolutely nothing and I know my scanner works with that type of simulcast because I’ve traveled and I could receive it just fine and I do have an outside antenna I pick up the signal but no voice

whooey

Once I get out of the county going south, signal fades quick, unless u have a tall antenna outside, doubt you will pick up alachua county.

KO4IPV

Once I get out of the county going south, signal fades quick, unless u have a tall antenna outside, doubt you will pick up alachua county.
Thanks that explains the problem I do have an outside antenna but it’s only roof high and I am quite a ways from Gainesville just figured I could pick up Alachua county since I do receive Putnam county, But I was told that P 25 is harder to receive the signal then conventional as far as distance goes

Gatorman

I see the Phase II system has been updated. Can anyone, who is listening, I'm not there at this point, tell me if the system is still able to me monitored? I recall some discussion about encryption earlier.

Thanks much.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
I see the Phase II system has been updated. Can anyone, who is listening, I'm not there at this point, tell me if the system is still able to me monitored? I recall some discussion about encryption earlier.

This system is a real stretch for me to hear - but there seems to be lots to figure out.... just my short listening opportunities, i have found four TGs that are Un-IDs.... 3091, 3097, 3107 and 4011.... I do not think the "whole system" is ENC....

doug

KO4IPV

This system is a real stretch for me to hear - but there seems to be lots to figure out.... just my short listening opportunities, i have found four TGs that are Un-IDs.... 3091, 3097, 3107 and 4011.... I do not think the "whole system" is ENC....

doug
Don’t see anything listed as E

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
Back in 2015 time frame, I used to visit Alachua county and back then they were p-25 BUT I had to program my scanner as MOT analog TRS
I assume that's changed by now ?

I travel to Ocala once a week but never hear any traffic on Marion county