Alachua/ Gainesville GRUCom P25 (4D9.BEE00)

tvengr

Well Known Member
I missed the post that you are using the GRUCom system. If you are able to receive fire and EMS on the trunked system, there is no reason that the law enforcement talkgroups should not work.

tvengr

Well Known Member

billy2047

📶 🕨 Ø T₁ ÆS Ⱬ ⬜ ᴴ L |→| 𝅘𝅥 💾 🛰️ 🔋
it looks like TG 4001 (GRU Power 1) is now encrypted. it went silent a week ago.

billy2047

also TG 2147 sometimes comes in encrypted. As I can hear the dispatcher answering field unit but I cant hear the unit directly.

whooey

ASO primary does sometimes have ENC users, but I would say 99% of the time they are in the open.

Interesting, GRU being ENC. Lol.

billy2047

ASO primary does sometimes have ENC users, but I would say 99% of the time they are in the open.

Interesting, GRU being ENC. Lol.
thanks! I just checked TG 4011 is encrypted so i'd say all GRU power TGs are encrypted from now, even dispatch console:cry: .
I'm just hoping that alachua stays clear, as i live in marion county and everythings so quiet here its killing me:D

Gatorman

I am aware that all Alachua County public safety has moved to the GRU system. I'm about to buy a scanner, Uniden SDS, that can monitor it. Are the TG's up to date, has the system pretty much settled into everyday use?

Thanks much for your patience.

whooey

GRU seems to have major financial issues, so that is not too surprising. Hope they stay in the clear with the new ownership.

@Gatorman yes the database seems to be accurate, the SDS runs great I have both the 100 & 200. Unication runs also equally well. The BCD 536HP is choppy.

Gatorman

Thanks all for your replies. I appreciate it. Helps a lot. Whooey, are you experiencing the hum in the audio of the SDS-200 that I am reading about.

Kind regards, thanks for your patience.

billy2047

Some of the GRU Power and Gas TGs recently went full time encrypted. So far I haven't noticed any new ENC on any of the Fire/LEO talkgroups. I'll work on getting an update submitted with the ENC changes.
can confirm that TGs 4001, 4011 (not in DB), 4015 & 4017 are encrypted

whooey

Thanks all for your replies. I appreciate it. Helps a lot. Whooey, are you experiencing the hum in the audio of the SDS-200 that I am reading about.

Kind regards, thanks for your patience.
@Gatorman I have no hum at all on my 200. I do not recall if I have sent this unit in for a repair for the hum issue or not. I do not think I have. I know I've sent my SDS100 and 536HP in for repair for different issues.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Alachua County public safety has moved to the GRU system. I'm about to buy a scanner, Uniden SDS, that can monitor it

Are the TG's up to date, has the system pretty much settled into everyday use?

Even tho users have said the db seems accurate, and the system in question was last updated in Nov of 2021, it's still a good idea to update the full database within Sentinel and push it to the scanner to ensure the scanner has the most up to date database. No idea how old the one is that will come in the scanner..