Alamance County Sheriff 155.580

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Anyone monitoring Alamance County and notice ccom has a beeping tone playing nearly every 5-8 seconds only on the Sheriff Dispatch?

I just noticed it started doing that today I believe, I dont find it related to their radio updates but just wondering if anyone has an idea what it could be, like repeaters would have a courtesy tone or better example if your watching cops or anything LAPD related, radio keys up and you hear those data burst tones or that could just be MDC1200 but this doesnt seem to be anything like MDC but hey, i dont really know much since i never been inside ccom, i only been inside burlingtons.

bezking

That is probably a warning beep, indicating something is wrong with the Repeater (could be bad PA, running backup power, etc.)

HTH

It could be a "priority marker".

Brunswick County SO used to have one on their main LEO dispatch channel. When a unit was involved with something "high priority" dispatch would enable the tone on the console, and this would cause a short beep to sound every few seconds over the air. This would indicate to a unit just getting on the air that high priority traffic was in progess and unless his traffic was urgent, one must wait until the channel is clear. When the high priority traffic was cleared, dispatch would turn the marker tone off and make an announcement that all units could resume normal traffic....

I know they used to use this, but I havent monitored Brunswick County in about 7 or 8 years since I worked for the shop that maintained their stuff...

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
It could be a "priority marker".

Brunswick County SO used to have one on their main LEO dispatch channel. When a unit was involved with something "high priority" dispatch would enable the tone on the console, and this would cause a short beep to sound every few seconds over the air. This would indicate to a unit just getting on the air that high priority traffic was in progess and unless his traffic was urgent, one must wait until the channel is clear. When the high priority traffic was cleared, dispatch would turn the marker tone off and make an announcement that all units could resume normal traffic....

I know they used to use this, but I havent monitored Brunswick County in about 7 or 8 years since I worked for the shop that maintained their stuff...

Seems relevant to me, good point for that one too... atleast everyone with non urgent traffic could switch to Ch. 2 if any has one "sometimes no"

While listening to alamance I barely heard it but through out the entire week i been hearing it, nothing has been urgent though it could be something else like bezking said, bad PA, repeater problems, heck i even thought someone was using a portable and their battery was going dead and i heard the low battery tone, weird how on the VHF its fast but on the UHF its a slower tone, well to make it sound right, on their GP300's since most of the county deputies have em and some with the HT1250's

Status
Not open for further replies.