Alameda CA Trunking help Pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastBay-510-

I am a newbie and need help with manually programming my Pro-97 scanner to get Trunked channels for Alameda County, specifically Union City PD. Can someone please help me with step by step instructions to receive these channels? Much appreciated....
Here is the link: http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=109
Here are the talkgroups:
DEC HEX Description
40016 9c5 Police 1 (Primary)
40048 9c7 Police 2 (Secondary)
40080 9c9 Police 3
40112 9cb Police 4
40144 9cd Police 5 ("Wide")

What is the DEC and HEX used for?
Are all frequencies needed, including RED and BLUE?

jetscan

All frequencies need to be programed into the scanner. Red and blue control channels do change periodically. DEC and HEX are the same information expressed in two different numbering systems. You can choose either numbering system to program your scanner.

You might consider WIN 97 programming software from www.starrsoft.com. You can try the software free for 30 days. I use 5 PRO-2055s (base/mobile version of PRO-97) and it is a lot more fun programming with software than manually. Good luck.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
jetscan said:
I use 5 PRO-2067s (base/mobile version of PRO-97) and it is a lot more fun programming with software than manually. Good luck.
Welcome to the forum,

Surely you mean either Pro-2055 as base/mobile for the Pro-97 or Pro-2067 as base/mobile for the Pro-92.

To EastBay-510:

I agree with jetscan, Win97 is the way to go. In the meantime, the attached txt file may help.

Last edited:

jetscan

To fmon:

Hi Frank - Thanks for the welcome and for catching the type-o. I just recently replaced the 2067s with 2055s.

Jetscan

EastBay-510-

Thanks for the help.

Ive been hearing good things about Win97 from Don Star. I will look into all that has been suggested. Its good to see that there is good support for newb's and these Forums really help.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
jetscan said:
All frequencies need to be programed into the scanner. Red and blue control channels do change periodically.
No, with the 97 you don't need all the frequencies. And the Red freqs are the ones you will find as the most used for the control channel. The other two are possibles but will only be used when there is a hardware issue with the red ones.

Also, ALCO uses a LOCAL and WIDE setup. This corresponds to the frequency arrangements for the sites. If you are East of the East Bay Hills or North of Sunol you will only hear the talkgroups designated as WIDE. For example, if you are in Pleasanton you cannot listen to City of Alameda. The Fremont site (Coyote) has all freqs so you won't have any issues. Just FYI in the event you go mobile to the east and you never hear anything or you see the scanner jumping to a frequency and there is no audio.

-Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.