Alameda County Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
Is any one fimilar with ALCO Fire radio system? What I was wondering since more than one city is dispatched on the same frequncy, is there anyway that Alameda city would only here calls for there city instead every call on the control 1 channel. A lot of Fire Departments have a fire tone out to break the squelch on on the radios so they only here what they need. ALCO does not have Fire tone, unless it is subaudible. Just couris to how it works.

Chris

Ben96cal

re: alco

Is any one fimilar with ALCO Fire radio system? What I was wondering since more than one city is dispatched on the same frequncy, is there anyway that Alameda city would only here calls for there city instead every call on the control 1 channel. A lot of Fire Departments have a fire tone out to break the squelch on on the radios so they only here what they need. ALCO does not have Fire tone, unless it is subaudible. Just couris to how it works.

Chris

Yes they have tones actually. You'll hear a "doot, doot, doot" before the dispatch which will break the squelch at the station and activate the lights and radio's.. As far as the portables, if you're on control 1 you'll hear everything on control 1. Does not matter what city you're in.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Yes they have tones actually. You'll hear a "doot, doot, doot" before the dispatch which will break the squelch at the station and activate the lights and radio's.
I hope you aren't referring to the trunked system as the tones before the dispatch are for the type of call. The primary method to alert a station is via landline. No RF is involved.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I thought the beeps heard are just an attention signal. There is always two beeps for all calls, so how they be for different calls? Also if the dispatch calls the station ahead of time why bother with the radio dispatch, just tell them where to go on the phone.

clanusb

I thought the beeps heard are just an attention signal. There is always two beeps for all calls, so how they be for different calls? Also if the dispatch calls the station ahead of time why bother with the radio dispatch, just tell them where to go on the phone.

stations get alerted several ways.
1)Printers are activated via a Land line, which is only able to receive messages from the department and dispatch center.
2)The CAD in the rigs.
3)The station tones and radio tone out. If the station has the "Xmas tree" on the wall or hanging from the ceiling then CAD is hooked into that for apparatus specific alerting. If the department doesn't use that method then the tones are set off when their specific tones get dropped.

it gets broadcast on the radio for several reasons....its a back up, the units out in the field hear the call go out, maybe the units being dispatched aren't at the station. several times here in Sacramento the CAD has gone down..and all units have to voice ALL traffic over the radio, in fact it happened just the other day for about 20mins.

Eng74

One other reason to have it go out over the air there is a time coded recorded record of the call being dispatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.