Alamo Area Regional Radio System (AARRS)

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
There is a submission saying that EDACS is off the air as of this afternoon, but I am in Carrizo Springs for another week and can't confirm. Can anyone check on this?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
They switched from an old Motorola smartmet system to the EDACS I think 02/03
And their reasoning for for choosing GE (or whoever they were then)??? Supposedly it was “time to get screwed by someone other than Motorola”.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Suggestions for monitoring SAPD, FD, SO?
SAPD is fully encrypted on all channels. SO is partially encrypted with a few units in the clear, but most are encrypted. The FDs are in the clear, and some of the smaller towns and some of the school district PDs, and the best scanner would be the Uniden SDS 100 or a Unication G5 pager/scanner. It's a phase II simulcast system.

garyboyer

Premium Subscriber
SAPD is fully encrypted on all channels. SO is partially encrypted with a few units in the clear, but most are encrypted. The FDs are in the clear, and some of the smaller towns and some of the school district PDs, and the best scanner would be the Uniden SDS 100 or a Unication G5 pager/scanner. It's a phase II simulcast system.
I have a SDS 100, is SAFD jus a matter of a reprogram and, if encrypted, anything to do to receive law enforcement?
Thanks