Alamo Area Regional Radio System (AARRS)

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Usually County Fire, BCSO East/WEST, and SAFD Locution. TexDOT HERO operations are full-time p25 only. All others are primarily on the Provoice system. every now and then SAPD will pop over there but I don't notice it all that often.

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
64053 HR TEAM TG
64491 HR TEAM 1
64492 HR TEAM 2
64493 HR TEAM 3
64494 HR TEAM 4
64495 HR TEAM 5
64496 HR TEAM 6

Also heard what appears to be related traffic on:

151.3025 NAC 293
155.2275 NAC 61F

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
NAC on 151.3025 has changed to 61F. Signal is solid at 1604 and 37s at the TexBest

usually hear a snippet on Tac 3 and then they switch to 3025. Several teams slappear to be testing al this time. Just mentioned testing MA channels starting with Stone Gate. 3025 Identified on air as D1

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to the testing on the Fair Oaks site and have a question. Are the statement's the tech's are reading random saying's they come up with or is it deliberate gibberish so to speak?? I'm just curious, I have never heard a new system being tested before.

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
I wondered that as well, but it just appears to be random factoids and phrases they are using.

I am curious about 155.2275. I have not been hearing them use it lately. Just CWID every 15 minutes and it sounds over-modulated when it plays. I tried running it through a few CWID decoders but the results are pretty inconsistent, I do catch 980 which makes me think KKW980 which is BCFM. but I can not find an FCC record for that Freq listed for BCFM or approved for use in this area. Can't find one for 3025 either, might be under some blanket agreement that Harris has for testing and implementation of new systems.

Last edited:

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else noticed the 700MHz sites and the 800MHz sites broadcast completely different (and incompatible) IDEN tables? It's almost like they are two separate systems sharing a common SysID/WACN. A single system cannot broadcast separate IDENs per site. Its a system wide setting.

For example:
700 Sites broadcast: Slot 1 769.00625 12.5 FDMA
800 Sites broadcast: Slot 1 851.01250 12.5 FDMA, Slot 9 851.01250 12.5 TDMA

Due to the conflicting slot 1 assignments, there is no way to program this system and its IDEN tables into a single contiguous system.

Do you guys hear the same TGs coming across both 700 and 800 sites? Maybe it would be proper to separate them into AARRS 700 and AARRS 800 and keep the TGs separate?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Has anyone else noticed the 700MHz sites and the 800MHz sites broadcast completely different (and incompatible) IDEN tables? It's almost like they are two separate systems sharing a common SysID/WACN. A single system cannot broadcast separate IDENs per site. Its a system wide setting.

For example:
700 Sites broadcast: Slot 1 769.00625 12.5 FDMA
800 Sites broadcast: Slot 1 851.01250 12.5 FDMA, Slot 9 851.01250 12.5 TDMA

Due to the conflicting slot 1 assignments, there is no way to program this system and its IDEN tables into a single contiguous system.

Do you guys hear the same TGs coming across both 700 and 800 sites? Maybe it would be proper to separate them into AARRS 700 and AARRS 800 and keep the TGs separate?

Maybe one or the other is in site trunking and using the local controller bandplan as opposed the core ones. But I really have no idea. :p

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
Maybe one or the other is in site trunking and using the local controller bandplan as opposed the core ones. But I really have no idea. :p

I thought that too but all were in wide area and it was not just one site per band that was checked. I also forgot to mention the neighbors list was also only populated with sites from its respective band as well.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I thought that too but all were in wide area and it was not just one site per band that was checked. I also forgot to mention the neighbors list was also only populated with sites from its respective band as well.
I’ve noticed this ever since the 800 cells came online. The historic “SAUA” 700 sites are not at all connected to the new phase 2 sites.

tyler3328

I wondered that as well, but it just appears to be random factoids and phrases they are using.

I am curious about 155.2275. I have not been hearing them use it lately. Just CWID every 15 minutes and it sounds over-modulated when it plays. I tried running it through a few CWID decoders but the results are pretty inconsistent, I do catch 980 which makes me think KKW980 which is BCFM. but I can not find an FCC record for that Freq listed for BCFM or approved for use in this area. Can't find one for 3025 either, might be under some blanket agreement that Harris has for testing and implementation of new systems.

The phrases are random pretty much. They give different phrases so your ears don't adjust to hearing the same thing over and over again. Makes life alot easier for setting audio.

They had also been patching to TXCALL1D and a few other simplex channels

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed lately that the Fair Oaks site and the Fredericksburg road site do not seem to be putting out a CC. I've been at the base of both sites and do not get anything.

HiddenLefty

Are they patching anything on here to LCRA by chance? I'm getting TG ID numbers that seem to be in line with this system's numbering for a patch group and are San Antonio area EMS calls (Schertz, Cibolo, Universal City to name a few) over on LCRA. Kind of wonder if there's not a frequency overlap, weird propagation, or they're patched in. It's the fact I keep hearing them in Brownwood and only have those sites in that is the weirdest part. It's not all the time either which is why I question the propagation aspect.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Are they patching anything on here to LCRA by chance? I'm getting TG ID numbers that seem to be in line with this system's numbering for a patch group and are San Antonio area EMS calls (Schertz, Cibolo, Universal City to name a few) over on LCRA. Kind of wonder if there's not a frequency overlap, weird propagation, or they're patched in. It's the fact I keep hearing them in Brownwood and only have those sites in that is the weirdest part. It's not all the time either which is why I question the propagation aspect.
Those cities are all on LCRA anyhow. As for you hearing them up there, that’s odd but perhaps a radio is tuned to one of the patched groups up there and forcing the traffic on one of your locks towers.

HiddenLefty

Those cities are all on LCRA anyhow. As for you hearing them up there, that’s odd but perhaps a radio is tuned to one of the patched groups up there and forcing the traffic on one of your locks towers.

It's strange that I'm getting a unique TGID in the range of 653xx every time one comes across which is why I suspect maybe some weird patch. Nothing ever comes up twice but neither has the call been from the same place really. It's quite weird. I've gone a couple of days without one now but that's happened before as well just as sporadically.