Alamo Heights going to the Live Oak EDACS system

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've received word that Alamo Heights is going to the Live Oak EDACS system on 11/1/2004.

FCC records show a simulcast site in Alamo Heights now for the Live Oak system, so get ready to start monitoring their transition!

Lindsay

precoislen

Kewl deal, that means better reception of the LO system up North. I get Live Oaks real spotty at the house. Simulcast repeater means that it would push the reception into the Balcones Heights area also, to cover AHFD EMS calls.

precoislen

Also, what about Hollywood Park PD. They're dispatched by Alamo Hgts too.

Is Alamo Hghts still going to dispatch, Olmos, and H'wood,themselves, and a few others or are they turning everything over to Live Oak?

precoislen

Anybody been able to confirm the LCN's for the AH simulcast system, or logged any new TG's for the migration over. Monday's right around the corner...... been monitoring the LO system in the "open" mode and haven't seen any new new TG ID's pop up, but I've also been listening in the evening hours when testing is probably not very likely to happen.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
precoislen,

Simulcast means that the system will be using the same frequencies as the Live Oak site, thus, no difference really.

For instance, the Blue "site" for the San Antonio system actually has about 6 simulcast physical sites across the city.

Same LCN's and frequencies apply.

Lindsay

Status
Not open for further replies.