Albany County P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
OK so I was in the capital region this past weekend. From where I was staying, I could monitor both the Troy and Albany P25 systems loud and clear.

On the Troy system the traffic was all Troy PD (patched from EDACS) with the exception of a little bit of traffic on the Troy HS talk group (must have been an event going on at the school).

The Albany system was VERY active. Now, please understand that I'm not from the area, so I'm not familiar with unit numbers, so I was unable to tell which agencies I was hearing. But I definitely heard LE, fire, EMS, and pure waters. Oh, and one transmission that I *think* was, "The ref has to get in his room down here." which I'm guessing would have been one of the colleges or maybe high schools.

BUT ... I heard all of this traffic on TGIDs which are NOT in the database (even though it's been updated two or three times in the past few days) and I heard NONE on the ones that are listed.

So I guess what I'm suggesting is that the TGIDs being added to the DB are wrong.

I'm using a Pro-668, and my experience on other P25 systems (including the Troy one) is that the TGIDs I see on the screen match what's in the database for that system. So I'm pretty sure the ones I was seeing are accurate.

Is it possible that the ones being added to the database are incorrect?

Here are a few that I was hearing:

1933 -- police dispatcher and units
1953 -- fire dispatcher and units
4053 -- EMS (?)

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
1933 -- police dispatcher and units
1953 -- fire dispatcher and units
4053 -- EMS (?)

I think you were monitoring the wrong system. Those are talk groups on the current Colonie system.

If you look carefully at the DB entries, there is an overlap in an alternate control channel for the new Albany system and the current control channel for Colonie. Which seems to make sense if they are migrating one into the other (it probably somehow makes the end user transition easier?). So your scanner might have picked up the Colonie system and since you were in search mode, you saw those talk groups and thought they were from the Albany system.

I have an HP-1 Extreme locked on the new Albany system 24/7 and heard/logged none of the activity you did (only what is in the DB, like the ACSO VHF patch and now the new county law TG as well as a few test transmissions on other TGs), so I think it's a safe bet you were hearing the wrong system.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Doh!

(slaps forehead)

OK I'll go crawl under a rock now.

I *wondered* why I was hearing so much traffic. But I didn't have the Colonie system programmed in so I couldn't switch to it. It makes sense why it was coming in so well, based on where I was staying!

I guess I'll remove that channel from the definition from the Albany system and try again next time I'm there!

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.